Cork

Chandler, AZ

« Back to the list


www.corkrestaurant.net

(480) 883-3773

Make a Reservation »

Featured Wine
Sand Reckoner 2012 Z Zinfandel (Cochise County)

“This is a local wine for us, and we were amazed by the bold tannin and flavor of the wine,” says Owner Danielle Morris. “It’s nothing like the fruity Zinfandels of California.”

The Wine Program
The wine collection is stored and showcased on racks climbing more than 12-feet high in a climate-controlled room. The list of 400-plus selections reflects guests’ requests for wines from California (40% of the list). The remaining 60% skews Old World, with a focus on affordable selections from red Burgundy and Bordeaux. Cork also offers 35 375-ml bottles to complement its multicourse cuisine, and uses iPads with the Tastevin application to present and manage the wine list.

Favorite Dish
The food offers surprising diversions from the area’s typical steakhouse fare—try local antelope, mussels with crab crostini and a caribou hot dog, or ostrich with a duck tamale and Anasazi beans.

About the Team
Husband-and-wife team Robert and Danielle Morris (sommelier and pastry chef, respectively) are joined by Chef Brian Peterson at this oasis just southeast of Phoenix. Jon Doholis, beverage manager, is committed to introducing guests to wines that may be out of their comfort zone.


Photo by Awecollective


2014 Restaurant Trends

Top One-Track Wine Lists

Whether they specialize in the wines of South America or are fanatical about French vintners, these six restaurants aren’t afraid of being laser-focused.

What Wine Insiders Say: Wine Expert Opinions on 2014 Trends

America's 5 New Foodie Cities

Move over NYC and San Francisco: These five towns are where the eats are edgier.

Behind the Scenes with Top Somms and Chefs

Wine Enthusiast sat down with the top chefs and somms at some of our 100 Best Wine Restaurants to get the scoop on what happens behind the scenes.

Shop