Digital Editorial Intern
Winemag.com, Wine Enthusiast magazine’s dynamic Web site on wine, wine lifestyle, spirits and beer, seeks an ambitious self-starter interested in learning the ins and outs of digital publishing. This position is based at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY.
In this internship position, the candidate will:
- Learn how to utilize and post articles and images on WordPress.
- Learn how to fact-check and edit magazine articles and features in a timely fashion.
- Enhance his/her writing skills by gaining responsibility for curating weekly wine and news roundups
- Experiment with photo research and posting using various tools
- Dive into social media best practices, and help strategize ways to ramp up the WE social presence, e.g. create images, boards and help to post.
Skills that will help you succeed:
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Basic knowledge of Abode products, specifically InDesign and PhotoShop
- Strong interest in wine and food
- Active in social media
Additionally, candidates should be comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, possess excellent organizational skills, be mindful of details, be social media savvy and be a confident self-starter. Because of the nature of this position candidates should have a strong interest in a digital publishing career in consumer media.
This is a paid internship working approximately 30 hours a week, lasting for a minimum of 3 months. Days and hours are flexible. Our building has a gym, covered parking and a shuttle service to the White Plains train station.
If you have the skill set we are looking for and are interested in this position please forward your resume via email; firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match the position. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertising Sales Executive
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is seeking an experienced, dynamic advertising sales executive with key contacts in the liquor, auto, and jewelry categories to join us at our headquarters located in Valhalla, NY. We are looking for a professional who is cultured with a competitive streak and inquisitive nature who will consistently demonstrate the values of the Advertising department’s culture of success.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a sales/marketing representative with a high concentration in digital & print ad sales. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- A strong knowledge of publishing/media industry.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- A proven track record in achieving & exceeding advertising sales goals.
- Demonstrable expertise in prospecting, inside and outside sales, closing deals, and maintaining multiple client accounts on a renewal basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- An established strong and widespread network of contacts within the media industry i.e. agencies and clients.
- Good word processing and electronic communication skills. Any work in CRM data management systems is a plus i.e. salesforce.com.
- A determined and self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial nature. Self-starter, dynamic and results oriented all while working in a team environment.
This is a full time Media Sales position that includes salary, commissions, bonuses and benefits. Additionally we have an onsite gym and cafe, shuttle service for train commuters and covered parking.
Candidates that have an extraordinary track record of breaking non-endemic business in any media sales organization will be highly considered. To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Mag Sales in the subject area. We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match the position’s requirements. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EEOC.