Wine Tasting Department Assistant
Wine Enthusiast Companies, located in Valhalla, NY, has a unique opportunity in its Tasting Department for an assistant. The primary responsibility of the Tasting Assistant is to support the Tasting & Review department with submissions as well as to set up tastings. This is an on-site, paid, part time position working up to 30 hours per week in our Valhalla, NY headquarters.
As the Tasting Department Assistant your main responsibilities will be to:
- Continually update our wine database and inventory.
- Enter new wines into database
- Keep bottles tagged and organized
- Remove out of date wines while updating database
- Contact submitters to obtain missing information
- Assist with other Tasting & Review issues as needed
- Set up flights and tastings
- Obtain information to ensure database is current and accurate
To be considered you should:
- Have proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have experience and be comfortable with Web research
- Possess basic wine knowledge
- Be reliable and available for up to 30 hours a week
- Have at least 1-2 years of office experience
Along with our great employees and work environment we offer paid time off, an on-site café and gym, a round trip shuttle service to White Plains train Station, covered parking, all within a park like setting.
If you meet all the qualifications and are interested in this position please forward your resume via email; email@example.com. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match this opportunity. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertising Sales Executive
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is seeking an experienced, dynamic advertising sales executive with key contacts in the liquor, auto, and jewelry categories to join us at our headquarters located in Valhalla, NY. We are looking for a professional who is cultured with a competitive streak and inquisitive nature who will consistently demonstrate the values of the Advertising department’s culture of success.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a sales/marketing representative with a high concentration in digital & print ad sales. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- A strong knowledge of publishing/media industry.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- A proven track record in achieving & exceeding advertising sales goals.
- Demonstrable expertise in prospecting, inside and outside sales, closing deals, and maintaining multiple client accounts on a renewal basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- An established strong and widespread network of contacts within the media industry i.e. agencies and clients.
- Good word processing and electronic communication skills. Any work in CRM data management systems is a plus i.e. salesforce.com.
- A determined and self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial nature. Self-starter, dynamic and results oriented all while working in a team environment.
This is a full time Media Sales position that includes salary, commissions, bonuses and benefits. Additionally we have an onsite gym and cafe, shuttle service for train commuters and covered parking.
Candidates that have an extraordinary track record of breaking non-endemic business in any media sales organization will be highly considered. To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Mag Sales in the subject area. We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match the position’s requirements. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EEOC.