Furniture & Home Décor Merchant
Wine Enthusiast is looking for an experienced, business savvy, opportunistic and product focused merchant for our catalog division. The position will focus on furniture, Wine Racks & Home Décor. The successful candidate will be a “creative thinker” with successful product launches to show as examples. Strong communication, analytical, team player and creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are must-haves.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take leadership role in the creation of merchandising strategies for the furniture, home décor & racking business.
- Initiate developments with knowledge gained through comp shopping to assess voids in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with management on the development and execution of merchandising, pricing and promotion. Must be comfortable with running reports & numbers in general.
- Responsible for communicating merchandising strategies and status of business to all cross-functional partners to ensure proper and timely execution of strategies insight and opinion based on experience and analysis in order to grow and impact business.
- Partner with planning and buys and rebuys.
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability of the Retail business.
Must Have Qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in merchandising/ product development in 3+ years in home furnishings.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas
- Strong organization skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communicator, skilled listener, and team player
- Natural collaborator able to work across different teams as well as directly with customers
- Strong customer and commercial focus able to understand business drivers and focus efforts
- Creative thinker, problem solver, and active learner
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, opportunity to join a weekly yoga class as well as our wine tasting class.
Our Home Décor Merchant will work in concert with our business team at our beautiful headquarters located in Valhalla, NY which has onsite covered parking, a cafeteria and a gym for employees.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. We are proud to be an EOE
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels by SKU at our warehouse. Developing, monitoring and adjusting minimum inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with the Merchandise managers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
- Forecast SKU level demand for stocked products
- Set, monitor and adjust minimum inventory levels by SKU for inventory based vendors to achieve sales, inventory turn and fill rate objectives.
- Identify potential shortages and overages and take appropriate actions to bring quantity to a desired level.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Initiate replenishment and initial stocking purchase orders.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Monitor and take action on (stocking) backorders, late orders, and other inventory issues
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities and risks for assigned categories and SKUs.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin based on current trends, and report open to buy status to B2B partners each month.
- Help propose inventory investments in key brands in order to improve customer experience, drive sales & profit.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as necessary
Operations & Warehouse communications
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure inventoried products are prepared & available for sale
- Communicate large inbound purchase orders with receiving team at warehouse.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with planning systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a technical understanding of retail math and inventory management concepts.
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly to all appropriate contacts.
- Team player, comfortable in building effective cross functional relationships with business partners.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive positive financial results for assigned categories.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to provide data for our buyers for more favorable MOQs and PO ship dates.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.
- Proactive and persistent in addressing challenges and in developing innovative processes and solutions.
- Comfortable presenting to executive management.
- A working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities and business savvy.
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls or third parties. EOE