Administrative Assistant (Advertising)
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a leading voice in wine and the culinary lifestyle worldwide, seeks an Administrative Assistant to join their publishing group working at the Wine Enthusiast headquarters in Mt. Kisco, NY.
We are seeking someone who will provide administrative & travel support to individuals within the Advertising department as well as in coordination with other departments.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Organize, book and monitor arrangements for domestic & international travel
• Perform a variety of internet research functions and report findings utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Generate reports and present an analysis of the data
• Coordinate conference calls, meetings and business lunches
• Create & edit documents; sale presentations, event wrap-ups, internal communications, etc
• Maintain calendars for multiple supervisors including the preparations for on & off site meetings
• File management and records retention
• Mail management
• Handle special projects as needed
• Detail and maintain procedural manual for own job responsibilities
• Perform all tasks in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedures while demonstrating a high degree of ethical and professional standards
• Minimum 1 year experience in a professional business environment
• Extensive experience with corporate travel
• Minimum BA/BS degree, a Marketing concentration would be a plus
• Extensive computer skills, especially Microsoft Office programs and internet research
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Positive and consistent work ethic
• Ability to smoothly adapt to situations & re-prioritize appropriately while maintaining multiple tasks
• Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Meticulous with details
• Must be perceptive and thorough with an exceptional ability to anticipate the “what ifs”
• Keen ability to prioritize and organize workflow to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and reach target dates
• Understands own skills and is proactive requesting assistance and or training
Competitive compensation to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off.
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mount Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your skills, with experience meet our requirements, please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Admin” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties
Assistant Tasting Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a part-time, Assistant Tasting Coordinator to support the Tasting & Review Department of our Magazine Division.
The successful candidate will possess basic wine knowledge (Intermediate WSET certification preferred), be proficient with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and web, be very detailed oriented, be highly organized and capable of multi-tasking. Good communication skills and database experience is a plus for this entry-level position.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Tasting Coordinator include database entry and maintenance: entering & updating wines and reviews as well as tagging and organizing submissions. Additional tasks of setting up tastings and obtaining contact information may occur, with more responsibilities possible depending on wine proficiency and knowledge development. An unmistakable interest in and passion for wine is ideal for this part-time, 30-hours-a-week arrangement, with responsibilities conducted at our headquarters in Mount Kisco, NY.
Please email cover letter and résumé to: LBuzzeo@wineenthusiast.net, or fax to 866-887-0946. Please put Assistant Tasting Coordinator in the subject line. We will contact those candidates who best fit our requirements. EEO. Please no phone inquiries.
Our established national publishing group, Wine Enthusiast Media, seeks an experienced associate editor/copy editor to join our team at our headquarters in Westchester County, NY.
The responsibilities for this position pertain to our print magazine, published 13 times yearly, and our accompanying site, WineMag.com. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in each of the following areas: writing, fact-checking, proofreading and copy editing. In addition, this position calls for Web and CMS skills and a developed understanding of online media and digital trends. Rigorous attention to detail is absolutely paramount. Having experience in, and current knowledge of, the wine, spirits and food industry is ideal. The candidate should be passionate and eager to evolve his/her knowledge on these topics.
Please note this position will be performed on site at our headquarters in Mt. Kisco, New York with no exceptions.
Associate Editor, Wine Enthusiast Media
• Assist in editing all circulating articles/edit/newsletter content/press releases for Wine Enthusiast Magazine, WineMag.com
• Generate original content for weekly Web briefs, book reviews and trends
• Fact check all content
• Edit, update changes in wine review Buying Guide
• Compile corrections
• Address reader inquiries about articles, etc
• Draw up & mail all writer, photographer and illustrator contracts for Enth
• Compile and maintain style guidelines for publishing
• Attend events on behalf of the magazine
• Maintain style guide
• Maintain editorial calendar
• Engage Wine Enthusiast readers via social media
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Mag Edit in the subject area. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties or phone calls.
WINE STORAGE SALES SPECIALIST
We are seeking candidates with a competitive spirit and positive attitude to join our energetic group of professionals in our Sales department. Our Sales Specialists are motivated team players working in an exciting wine culture environment. They have high earning potential without the need of cold calling.
At Wine Enthusiast our impeccable reputation, catalog circulation and innovative online marketing keep the customers calling us.
1. Handle over 50-100 in bound sales calls per day in a call center environment.
2. Become an expert on Wine Enthusiast products and use that expertise to close sales.
3. Provide accurate pricing and delivery information to potential customers.
4. Gather market and customer information via incoming sales calls.
5. Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
6. Help our customers select the wine storage solution, or accessory, that is best for them.
7. Ensure customers receive high quality customer and technical service.
8. Perform wine cellar consultations and design wine cellars utilizing CAD Software programs from the information provided.
9. Be able to upsell and cross-sell among all of the Wine Enthusiast product lines.
10. Assist with showroom customers and navigate customers through our website.
11. Attend team sales meetings and contribute pertinent information with colleagues.
12. Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate to all kinds of people.
2. High personal standards and performance expectations – must have a passion to be the best.
3. Intent on achieving goals and executing a consultative sales model.
4. Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Internet and Social Media
5. Intense desire to help customers achieve their personal objectives.
6. Minimum of two years sales experience in professional selling and customer service environments.
7. Four year Bachelor’s Degree required.
Wine Enthusiast offers a competitive salary with commission opportunities and a benefits package including, health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, etc. Please forward resume via email to HR@wineenthusiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties EOE.
Wine Enthusiast Full-Time Position: Merchandising Department Housewares Buyer
Our catalog division is seeking a bright & talented individual to fill our immediate need for a Housewares Buyer. This position is full-time, requires some travel and reports to the company’s Director of Merchandising and Inventory.
Interested individuals should be organized with the following abilities and experience:
• A minimum of 2 years Merchandising and/or Purchasing experience, preferably in Housewares and Home Décor products and/or appliances
• Catalog or Internet Merchandising experience preferable but not required
• Experience in product development and private label goods preferred
• Experience shopping trade shows and sourcing product direct from vendor lines
• Experience establishing and maintaining product assortment by price point and by category
• Experience with negotiation for pricing, minimums, exclusives, returns, etc…
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The Housewares Buyer will be part of our Merchandising team located at our headquarters in Mt. Kisco, NY. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of intent and your resume to our Human Resources Department via fax or email. Fax to 914-218-9187 email HR@wineenthuisiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties. We will contact those candidates who best meet our requirements. EOC