Senior Web Developer
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is seeking an organized, proactive and highly efficient developer to manage all front and back end development tasks for our publishing site, Winemag.com. The site is built on WordPress and Elastic Search with a MYSQL database.
This individual will execute all web site improvements for the editorial, sales and design teams. Must have a great attitude and ability to prioritize and juggle a long list of projects with the help of the VP of Marketing who serves as Product Manager. A keen attention to detail and pride in one’s work is essential to be successful in this role. In addition, as the sole developer managing the website he/she should also be a driven, self-starter.
- Managing the connection to our database of over 200,000 wine, spirit and beer reviews to ensure information is reflected online at the correct time
- Optimizing the rules and speed of internal site search and filtering using Elastic Search
- Customizing the WordPress admin to meet needs of editorial team
- Building custom templates based on specs provided by editorial team
- Utilizing ad server technology to render ads
- Ensuring the website operates quickly and uses best-in-class coding in accordance with SEO requirements
3-5 years front and back-end corporate development experience required.
Ideal candidates will have these skills
- WordPress proficiency including plugins and Git
- SEO understanding
- Analytics tools: Google Analytics, ChartBeat and Omniture
- Elastic Search experience
- Publishing industry experience
- SAS Smart Ad Server experience
- WP-engine experience
- Wine interest
Includes full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K, employee discount, optional weekly yoga class and optional wine tasting class participation.
The position is 40 hours per week at our beautiful Valhalla, NY headquarters which has onsite covered parking, a cafeteria and a gym for employees.
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels by SKU at our warehouse. Developing, monitoring and adjusting minimum inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with the Merchandise managers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
- Forecast SKU level demand for stocked products
- Set, monitor and adjust minimum inventory levels by SKU for inventory based vendors to achieve sales, inventory turn and fill rate objectives.
- Identify potential shortages and overages and take appropriate actions to bring quantity to a desired level.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Initiate replenishment and initial stocking purchase orders.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Monitor and take action on (stocking) backorders, late orders, and other inventory issues
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities and risks for assigned categories and SKUs.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin based on current trends, and report open to buy status to B2B partners each month.
- Help propose inventory investments in key brands in order to improve customer experience, drive sales & profit.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as necessary
Operations & Warehouse communications
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure inventoried products are prepared & available for sale
- Communicate large inbound purchase orders with receiving team at warehouse.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with planning systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a technical understanding of retail math and inventory management concepts.
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly to all appropriate contacts.
- Team player, comfortable in building effective cross functional relationships with business partners.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive positive financial results for assigned categories.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Ability to provide data for our buyers for more favorable MOQs and PO ship dates.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.
- Proactive and persistent in addressing challenges and in developing innovative processes and solutions.
- Comfortable presenting to executive management.
- A working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities and business savvy.
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third parties. EOE