Senior Digital Editor
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking a Senior Digital Editor to join their Magazine’s Editorial department working on site at their Westchester County offices in New York
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 4 years of editorial experience, writing and editing lifestyle, wine, food, travel and cocktail online content.
- Intermediate to advanced wine knowledge is a must (WSET-certified is preferable)
- Experience with creating and maintaining daily Web edit calendar, managing writers, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be digitally savvy, i.e. knowledge of Web site trends, Webinars, Podcasts, etc.
- Ability to compile data and analytics, i.e. SEO, Google Analytics, Chartbeat to create content strategy
- Ability to coordinate with social media team to generate and produce time-sensitive articles
- Knowledge of WordPress programing and general Web site maintenance.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, InCopy, etc.
- Experience with basic photo research
- BA in Journalism or related degree
The Senior Digital Editor will be responsible for generating wine news, trends and lifestyle articles as well as travel, food and spirits features for the magazine Web site Winemag.com, and shepherding those stories through the editorial process. He or she will continually hone his/her writing and editing skills on the most competitive level and will be responsible for staying on top of trends and cutting-edge editorial approaches in the digital space.
This position reports directly to the Digital Managing Editor. They will work together to create a daily and monthly editorial calendar, produce newsletters and manage a network of freelance writers; coordinate with the Social Media Coordinator on social efforts; collaborate with the art department on Web site aesthetics and photo sourcing; and work closely with the Digital Editorial Assistant to program and maintain the Web site with current and timely articles.
To be considered for this full time position, please reply with your resume. HR@wineenthusiast.net
We will contact those who meet the above requirements and best matches our current needs. Please no phone calls or third parties. EOE.
Advertising & Marketing Services Intern
Wine Enthusiast Companies is a prominent multi-channel marketer of a growing line of products that satisfy, inform, enrich, entertain and inspire. The Wine Enthusiast Magazine is the world’s largest periodical devoted exclusively to the wine and spirits lifestyle, publishing 13 issues a year.
Currently, Wine Enthusiast’s Magazine is seeking an individual with administrative experience who would like to spend the summer with our Sales & Advertising division as their Advertising & Marketing Services Assistant.
This position calls for an individual who communicates well, is organized, detailed and thorough and is able to meet deadlines. Also important is having experience working with spreadsheets and performing data entry.
The Advertising & Marketing Services Assistant will report to the Sales Marketing Director and will learn about and have the opportunity to carry out a variety of marketing tasks as it pertains to the world of publishing. The following is a list of some of those tasks:
- Assist with database entry
- Provide sales analytics, custom reports/summaries as needed
- Assist advertising sales team with competitive & in house research
- Assist advertising sales team with the coordination of campaigns & proposals
- Provide support for the coordination of the 2016 Media Conference
- Coordinate and email monthly magazine sell sheet
- Update monthly print and online Comp List
- Pulling ad’s and updating magazine “Wall”
- Help with the updating of the 2017 print and digital media kits
- Provide support for in-house client lunches
- Re-stocking magazines for the department
- Support the Sales & Marketing team with any additional projects as needed
This is a paid Internship position which will begin in May with a proposed end date of August, working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mount Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your current skills coincide with this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Mag Intern” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties
Assistant Art Director
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a strong team-oriented designer, with 2-4 years industry experience, to work in both the print and web versions of Wine Enthusiast Magazine located in Westchester County NY.
The successful candidate will have a stylish, clean and confident layout and design style with a portfolio that presents solid attention to typography, image selection, balance and pacing for print and digital. Exposure and experience in editorial design within the world of wine, food and lifestyle is ideal.
The requirements of the position include:
Print page layout design, under direction of CD/AD
Art and copy revisions
Copy reflow, placing images, creating PDFs
Retouching of images
Image research for editorial stories
Working with Digital Editors, CD and AD to create components and design elements for the Wine Enthusiast site such as info-graphics, rotators and other digital assets.
Attend and assist with photo shoots
Assist with the production of advertising materials and creating secondary editorial promotional materials.
Fulfill digital and print logo and art requests as instructed by CD/AD and production manager
Design pages, comps, logos and additional support material
Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Some experience with HTML, and WordPress advantageous.
Articulate communicator both written and verbal.
Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook
Please apply with your resume and samples of your work. We look forward to contacting those candidates whose experience best matches the position’s requirements. No phone calls or third parties. EOE