Wine Enthusiast Magazine Editorial Intern
Wine Enthusiast Magazine seeks an editorial intern to work on our 12 annual print issues as well as our Web site, Winemag.com. We seek an energetic, proactive team player with serious interest in a publishing career. Knowledge of wine, spirits and/or food is a plus.
The position will include hands-on participation in all aspects of the production process, including fact-checking, proofreading and overall support of the editors and art department of the magazine. Knowledge of InCopy/InDesign recommended.
This paid position is a summer/fall internship with an end date of October 1, 2013. Work will be performed at our offices in Mount Kisco, NY.
If you are interested please forward your resume and cover letter OR a letter of interest to email@example.com including Editorial Intern in the subject area.
EOE Please no phone calls.
Summer Internship Position Art Assistant
The Magazine Division of Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a Summer Intern to assist in all the aspects of magazine publishing as it relates to art, photo and production.
Realm of position
• Page layout, under the direction of the Creative Director and Production Manager:
○ Art and Copy editing
○ Copy reflow, placing images, creating PDFs
• Assist Photo Director on photo shoots and compiling & editing photography
• Assist the Production Manager with advertising materials and creating secondary editorial promotional materials.
• Fulfill logo and art requests as instructed by Creative Director and Production Manager
• Opportunity to design; pages, logos or others.
To apply for this paid position, please forward your resume and cover letter or a letter of interest to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Art in the subject area. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no phone calls.
Art Director Publishing & Web Content
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a leading voice in wine and the culinary lifestyle worldwide, seeks an experienced Art Director to join their publishing group working at the Wine Enthusiast headquarters in Mt. Kisco, NY.
The role of the Art Director will be to design and layout monthly publication’s departments, front of book and Buying Guide as well as serving as an on-site and off-site AD of multiple photo shoots. You will have the ability to sell creative message and attain buy-in from both CD and editors. You will work closely with photo director in planning for shoots as it relates to design and style of publication. Assist CD in feature layouts and be open to and contribute any creative recommendations and solutions. Candidate will be essential in creation and implementation while working within creative and editorial guidelines, administer and adhere to editorial/art work-flow process as well as develop and maintain an open dialogue with editorial team as to needs and solutions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assume CD role in absence of CD: Publishing/Ad sales/Print and Web Marketing
Exposure to broader company initiatives that require Creative involvement, specifically to act as second in meetings or to handle any “red hot” creative jobs in CD’s absence.
• Work closely with CD to develop monthly creative strategy and execution of publication
• Assign and direct photography and design of Print and web.
Involved in planning and execution of monthly features as it relates to design, pacing layouts, commissioning photographers, illustrators and designers. Photography procurement and purchasing within budgeting constraints. Work closely with editorial as it relates to issues directly affecting art. Ensure that our print standards are being reflected in all web design.
• Assume day-to-day production management role of magazine, delegate production responsibilities of content when necessary.
Addressing work-flow issues from both design and production standpoints and how edit and art are directly affected.
• Collaborate and implement future editorial enhancements as it relates to re-designs.
Involved in planning stages and implementation of future editorial executions recommending and following rigid guidelines that are to be set once editorial content is realized.
• Oversee off-sight pre-press and print production standards.
Maintain an amicable working relationship with our production house and alert staff should any issues arise during file processing. Maintain file tracking and updating during the publication’s production window.
• Oversee production of special edition issues.
Aid in the creation and redistribution of editorial content that is to be supplied to vendors for digital publication.
• Ensure visual quality standards across print and web platforms.
Administer creative solutions as agreed to by CD and AD. You will be responsible for any publishing related materials that appear on website. Ensure that our print standards are being reflected in all web design.
• Point person with web designers and in-house web producer.
Ensure that company web designers and producers needs are met as it relates to all print assets being represented.
• Various publishing initiatives.
Involved in group planning and creative execution of publishing related events “key art” materials
Will assist in creation/production of internal and external advertising related programs in both print and web.
5-10 years consumer magazine experience. Lifestyle/food a plus.
CS 5/6, InDesign experience a must
Typographical aesthetic both display and body text
General design for web
Knowledge of designing for tablet
Written and verbal communication, work within creative brief guidelines
Ability to “Figure it out”
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mount Kisco, NY. If this position interests you and your skills with experience meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Art Director” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties.
Our established national publishing group, Wine Enthusiast Media, seeks an experienced associate editor/copy editor to join our team at our headquarters in Westchester County, NY.
The responsibilities for this position pertain to our print magazine, published 13 times yearly, and our accompanying site, WineMag.com. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in each of the following areas: writing, fact-checking, proofreading and copy editing. In addition, this position calls for Web and CMS skills and a developed understanding of online media and digital trends. Rigorous attention to detail is absolutely paramount. Having experience in, and current knowledge of, the wine, spirits and food industry is ideal. The candidate should be passionate and eager to evolve his/her knowledge on these topics.
Please note this position will be performed on site at our headquarters in Mt. Kisco, New York with no exceptions.
Associate Editor, Wine Enthusiast Media
• Assist in editing all circulating articles/edit/newsletter content/press releases for Wine Enthusiast Magazine, WineMag.com
• Generate original content for weekly Web briefs, book reviews and trends
• Fact check all content
• Edit, update changes in wine review Buying Guide
• Compile corrections
• Address reader inquiries about articles, etc
• Draw up & mail all writer, photographer and illustrator contracts for Enth
• Compile and maintain style guidelines for publishing
• Attend events on behalf of the magazine
• Maintain style guide
• Maintain editorial calendar
• Engage Wine Enthusiast readers via social media
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Mag Edit in the subject area. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties or phone calls.
Assistant Tasting Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for an Assistant Tasting Coordinator to support the Tasting & Review Department of our Magazine Division.
The successful candidate will possess basic wine knowledge (Intermediate WSET certification preferred), be proficient with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and web, be very detailed oriented, be highly organized and capable of multi-tasking. Good communication skills and database experience is a plus.
The main responsibilities of the Assistant Tasting Coordinator include database entry and maintenance: entering & updating wines and reviews as well as tagging and organizing submissions. Additional tasks of setting up tastings and obtaining contact information may occur, with more responsibilities possible depending on wine proficiency and knowledge development. The position is part-time (30 hours/week) with responsibilities conducted at our headquarters in Mount Kisco, NY.
Please email cover letter and résumé to: LBuzzeo@wineenthusiast.net, or fax to 866-887-0946. Please put Assistant Tasting Coordinator in the subject line. We will contact those candidates who best fit our requirements. EEO. Please no phone inquiries.
Advertising Sales Manager, Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Wine Enthusiast Magazine is seeking an advertising salesperson to help manage our explosive growth. If you are interested in a continuing your sales career in the wine industry and have 5+ years experience in media sales, this may be your perfect opportunity.
We seek highly entrepreneurial and persistent individuals who embody the wine lifestyle in an out of the office. This is a full time Media Sales position that includes salary, commissions, bonuses and benefits.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with Mag Edit in the subject area. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE. Please no Third Parties or phone calls.
Summer Intern Job Responsibilites:
Advertising & Marketing Services Intern
• Assist with salesforce database entry
• Email out Sell Sheets (Monthly)
• Comp List (Monthly)
• Assist in Winemag Video Production
• Pulling Ad’s & Updating Magazine “Wall”
• Help with the coordination of materials for updating the Media Kit
• Wine eligibility research for the Importer Connection Program
• Database entry for the Importer Connection Program
• Assist with Importer Connection Tastings
• Provide sales analytics, custom reports/summaries as needed
• Assist advertising sales team with competitive & in house research
• Assist advertising sales team with the coordination of campaigns & proposals
• Shipping for Department
Marketing & Events Intern
• Provide support for the coordination and distribution of the Restaurant Award plaques
• Assist all members of marketing/events department on an as-needed basis
• Assist with two upcoming Importer Connection Events as need be
• Provide support for our upcoming Restaurant Awards Event
• Provide support with the coordination/execution of event partnerships
• Support for pre/post event staff lunches & dinners
• Provide support the day of Client Lunches
• Provide support for the coordination of the Editorial Conference
• Coordination of the Editorial Conference Binders
• Assist as need be for researching travel options
• Re-stocking magazines for the department
• Shipping for the department
WINE STORAGE SALES SPECIALIST
We are seeking candidates with a competitive spirit and positive attitude to join our energetic group of professionals in our Sales department. Our Sales Specialists are motivated team players working in an exciting wine culture environment. They have high earning potential without the need of cold calling.
At Wine Enthusiast our impeccable reputation, catalog circulation and innovative online marketing keep the customers calling us.
1. Handle over 50-100 in bound sales calls per day in a call center environment.
2. Become an expert on Wine Enthusiast products and use that expertise to close sales.
3. Provide accurate pricing and delivery information to potential customers.
4. Gather market and customer information via incoming sales calls.
5. Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
6. Help our customers select the wine storage solution, or accessory, that is best for them.
7. Ensure customers receive high quality customer and technical service.
8. Perform wine cellar consultations and design wine cellars utilizing CAD Software programs from the information provided.
9. Be able to upsell and cross-sell among all of the Wine Enthusiast product lines.
10. Assist with showroom customers and navigate customers through our website.
11. Attend team sales meetings and contribute pertinent information with colleagues.
12. Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate to all kinds of people.
2. High personal standards and performance expectations – must have a passion to be the best.
3. Intent on achieving goals and executing a consultative sales model.
4. Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Internet and Social Media
5. Intense desire to help customers achieve their personal objectives.
6. Minimum of two years sales experience in professional selling and customer service environments.
7. Four year Bachelor’s Degree required.
Wine Enthusiast offers a competitive salary with commission opportunities and a benefits package including, health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, etc. Please forward resume via email to HR@wineenthusiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties EOE.