Administrative Spring/Summer Intern 2015
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a national wine, food and spirits consumer publication, is seeking an organized and dependable Intern who is interested in gaining experience within the field of Publishing. The Administrative Intern will work alongside our sales & marketing professionals who create advertising and event opportunities for our clients.
The successful candidate will receive hands on experience while learning the steps and tasks necessary to carry out a variety of projects that fall within the Magazine’s publishing group. Some of these tasks consist of
• Data Entry & Database Maintenance
• Client outreach for data verification & research purposes
Our Administrative Intern will utilize good communication skills, be detailed and thorough, meet deadlines, be proficient in excel, have a working knowledge of Word, and not be intimidated by technology. Having experience with databases would be quite favorable.
This position is located at our headquarters in Mt Kisco, New York. The pay is $10 an hour while working 30 hours a week. The proposed end date of this internship is September 1, 2015.
If this position interest you and you have the skills we are looking for please forward your resume and or a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE – SPIRITS & LIFESTYLE
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a leading voice in wine and the culinary lifestyle worldwide, seeks an outside Advertising Sales Executive to join their publishing group working at the Wine Enthusiast headquarters in Mt. Kisco, New York.
The Advertising Sales Executive will call on the country's top spirits brands for print and digital advertising. This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about the world of food and wine and travel and is looking to offer their clients and agency relationships fresh, exciting and revenue driving media solutions.
The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial attitude, a magnetic personality and is motivated by creating legacy programs valued by their clients.
• Translating relationships in the spirits industry into ad sales
• Developing and selling integrated media packages
• Working closely with the advertising and editorial teams on native content opportunities.
• Able to develop new business and manage a complex sales cycle, from generating brand leads to closing deals
• Identify other non-endemic categories for prospecting.
• 5+ years working in advertising sales, preferably high end and luxury publications.
• 2-3 years of experience selling mobile and/or digital advertising (Publisher side)
• Reside in the New York tri-state area
• Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to both prospect constantly and manage a developed book of business
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong client services skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
Wine Enthusiast Inc. offers a competitive salary with commission opportunities and a benefits package including, health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, etc. Please forward resume via email to HR@wineenthusiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties EOE.
The Wine Enthusiast Companies headquartered in Mt. Kisco, NY seeks a Video Producer/Editor. We are looking for a creative thinker and experienced professional who is able to develop new ideas as well as handle video projects from inception to completion. The position will support several groups within our organization, driving our video strategy across all e-commerce divisions by producing compelling product and lifestyle videos that inform, educate & inspire the wine enthusiast customer.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
• Setting up, propping, shooting and directing videos for web and social media content
• Proficiency in lighting for video
• Creating graphics (designs and animations) for video
• Editing and compressing final product in web-ready format for release
• External video platform strategy (YouTube channels)
OUR MUST HAVES:
• A minimum of 2-3 years of video production experience within an in-house corporate or agency environment along with samples of work / reel.
• Past experience with linear and nonlinear editing systems.
• Expert proficiency in Vega Studio Pro, Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop or the equivalent.
• Proficiency in compression to all file types and size for distribution particularly for web compression.
• Be a self-starter with an excellent ability to communicate, collaborate, organize, and multi-task on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS THAT WOULD BE A PLUS:
• Motion Graphics and Strong Grasp of Typography
• Flash and/or ActionScript experience a plus. (e.g. banners, flash animations, etc.)
• Experience working on branded content campaigns
• Good sense of styling and composition
• A Passion for Wine would be highly welcomed
Along with great people to work with we provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance and paid time off.
If you are interested in this position & have the experience, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Links which would enable us to view samples of your work should also be included. We will reach out to those candidates who best match our requirements. Please no phone calls. EOE.
Integrated Sales Manager
We are seeking an outside sales & advertising professional to join our publishing group working at the Wine Enthusiast headquarters in Mt. Kisco, NY.
This position calls for a business development professional, working as an Integrated Sales Manager within our Advertising department. This role will be responsible for selling a combination of digital, print, custom content and sponsorships.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop advertising business by selling a combination of digital, print, custom content and sponsorships.
• Perform a variety of internet research functions and report findings utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Generate reports and present an analysis of the data; Competitive Research / Reports
• Create & edit documents; sale presentations, event wrap-ups, internal communications, etc.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience selling a combination of digital, print, custom content and sponsorships. Strong digital sales experience is preferred.
• Have active relationships at the client and agency level in the Food and Travel categories.
• Candidate must possess a track record of breaking new business and be able to act with autonomy at all levels of the sale. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have a strong background in either the wine or spirits industry. The ability to understand the trade and consumer worlds in the beverage industry is an additional consideration.
• Minimum BA/BS degree, a Business and or Marketing concentration would be a plus
• Extensive computer skills, especially Microsoft Office programs; Sales Force, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop desirable, internet research
• Keen ability to listen to clients and develop a campaign which exceeds their expectations
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Positive and consistent work ethic
• Ability to smoothly adapt to situations & re-prioritize appropriately while maintaining multiple tasks
• Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Meticulous with details
• Must be perceptive and thorough with an exceptional ability to anticipate the “what ifs”
• Keen ability to prioritize and organize workflow to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and reach target dates
• Understands own skills and is proactive requesting assistance and or training
Competitive compensation to include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off.
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mount Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your skills, with experience meet our requirements, please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Sales” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties or phone calls
WINE STORAGE SALES SPECIALIST
We are seeking candidates with a competitive spirit and positive attitude to join our energetic group of professionals in our Sales department. Our Sales Specialists are motivated team players working in an exciting wine culture environment. They have high earning potential without the need of cold calling.
At Wine Enthusiast our impeccable reputation, catalog circulation and innovative online marketing keep the customers calling us.
1. Handle over 50-100 in bound sales calls per day in a call center environment.
2. Become an expert on Wine Enthusiast products and use that expertise to close sales.
3. Provide accurate pricing and delivery information to potential customers.
4. Gather market and customer information via incoming sales calls.
5. Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
6. Help our customers select the wine storage solution, or accessory, that is best for them.
7. Ensure customers receive high quality customer and technical service.
8. Perform wine cellar consultations and design wine cellars utilizing CAD Software programs from the information provided.
9. Be able to upsell and cross-sell among all of the Wine Enthusiast product lines.
10. Assist with showroom customers and navigate customers through our website.
11. Attend team sales meetings and contribute pertinent information with colleagues.
12. Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate to all kinds of people.
2. High personal standards and performance expectations – must have a passion to be the best.
3. Intent on achieving goals and executing a consultative sales model.
4. Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Internet and Social Media
5. Intense desire to help customers achieve their personal objectives.
6. Minimum of two years sales experience in professional selling and customer service environments.
7. Four year Bachelor’s Degree required.
Wine Enthusiast offers a competitive salary with commission opportunities and a benefits package including, health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, etc. Please forward resume via email to HR@wineenthusiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties EOE.