Publishing Intern: Spring/Summer 2015
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a national wine, food and spirits consumer publication, is seeking an organized and dependable Intern who is interested in gaining experience within the field of Publishing. The Publishing Intern will work alongside our sales & marketing professionals who create advertising and event opportunities for our clients.
The successful candidate will receive hands on experience while learning the steps and tasks necessary to carry out a variety of projects that fall within the Magazine’s publishing group. Some of these tasks consist of
• Data Entry & Database Maintenance
• Client outreach for data verification & research purposes
Our Publishing Intern will utilize good communication skills, be detailed and thorough, meet deadlines, be proficient in excel, have a working knowledge of Word, and not be intimidated by technology. Having experience with databases would be quite favorable.
This position is located at our headquarters in Mt Kisco, New York. The pay is $10 an hour while working 30 hours a week. The proposed end date of this internship is September 1, 2015.
If this position interest you and you have the skills we are looking for please forward your resume and or a letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. EOE.
Seeking Educated and Passionate Wine Lover for Entry-Level Assistant Tasting Coordinator Position (Mount Kisco, NY)
Are you crazy about wine? Love learning about different wine-producing regions? Is your idea of a fun Friday night tasting through and dissecting Cabernet Sauvignons from various parts of the world? Do you giggle when people say all Rieslings are sweet? Does it blow your mind when you hear someone doesn't like Chardonnay, and then they order a white Burgundy? Does the sight of an ice cube floating in any proper wine glass make you tear up?
Then we might just have the place and job for you.
We are looking for an educated and passionate wine-lover to join our team of geeks in an exciting, entry-level position that offers serious perks for any true wino.
The successful candidate will possess basic wine knowledge (Intermediate WSET certification preferred), be proficient in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Web research, be very detailed oriented, highly organized and capable of multi-tasking. Good communication skills and database experience is a plus for this entry-level position.
Main responsibilities include database entry and maintenance, mostly through the logging and organization of wines. Additional tasks of setting up tastings and obtaining contact information may occur, with more responsibilities possible depending on wine proficiency and knowledge development. Perks include the ability to learn a ton about various wine-producing countries and regions throughout the world, interact with industry experts, and taste many international wine selections on a consistent basis.
An unmistakable interest in and passion for wine is a must for this full-time, entry-level position. Interested applicants must be available to work Monday-Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, in our Mount Kisco office.
Please email cover letter and résumé to HR@wineenthusiast.net. We will contact candidates who best fit our requirements. EEO. No phone inquiries.
Our Merchandising Team develops and brands merchandise for our core categories which include Wine Refrigerators, Racking, Furniture, Glassware and related categories of gadgets, housewares, tabletop, beer and spirits is seeking a bright & talented individual to fill our Merchandising Intern position for approximately 4 months at our headquarters located in Mt. Kisco, N.Y. The position calls for someone who is detailed, organized, has an aptitude for math, communicates clearly and wants to learn.
We will rely upon our Intern to be a “hands-on” associate who will be involved with a variety of functions including but not limited to:
• Assisting buyers with their follow up on new product; information sheets, images and copy for the web and catalogs
• Assisting in the preparation of competitive analysis and analysis of current product mix
• Inputting, confirming and updating purchase orders as requested by the Merchants
• Overseeing merchandise samples; coordinating, documenting and returning samples to vendors
• Preparing and labeling samples for photography
• Proofing product copy for the catalog and website
• Creating and Maintaining product files in our inventory system.
We would prefer having someone who can provide 30 hours a week of service but will consider a person who can offer 20 hours a week.
If this position interests you please forward a cover letter and resume or letter of intent to email@example.com. Please no phone calls. EOE
ADVERTISING SALES EXECUTIVE – SPIRITS & LIFESTYLE
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a leading voice in wine and the culinary lifestyle worldwide, seeks an outside Advertising Sales Executive to join their publishing group.
The Advertising Sales Executive will call on the country's top wine, beer, spirits, high-end epicurean, travel and luxury brands for print and digital advertising. This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about the world of food and wine and travel and is looking to offer their clients and agency relationships fresh, exciting and revenue driving media solutions.
The ideal candidate possesses an entrepreneurial attitude, a magnetic personality and is motivated by creating legacy programs valued by their clients.
• Opening new accounts in endemic and non-endemic categories
• Leveraging existing client and agency contacts to drive sales
• Developing and selling integrated media packages
• Working closely with the advertising and editorial teams on native content opportunities.
• Able to develop new business and manage a complex sales cycle, from generating brand leads to closing deals
• Identify other non-endemic categories for prospecting.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 5+ years working in advertising sales, preferably high end and luxury publications.
• 2-3 years of experience selling mobile and/or digital advertising (Publisher side)
• Reside in the New York tri-state area
• Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to both prospect constantly and manage a developed book of business
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong client services skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third parties. We will contact those who best fit our current needs. EOE.
WINE STORAGE SALES SPECIALIST
We are seeking candidates with a competitive spirit and positive attitude to join our energetic group of professionals in our Sales department. Our Sales Specialists are motivated team players working in an exciting wine culture environment. They have high earning potential without the need of cold calling.
At Wine Enthusiast our impeccable reputation, catalog circulation and innovative online marketing keep the customers calling us.
1. Handle over 50-100 in bound sales calls per day in a call center environment.
2. Become an expert on Wine Enthusiast products and use that expertise to close sales.
3. Provide accurate pricing and delivery information to potential customers.
4. Gather market and customer information via incoming sales calls.
5. Represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
6. Help our customers select the wine storage solution, or accessory, that is best for them.
7. Ensure customers receive high quality customer and technical service.
8. Perform wine cellar consultations and design wine cellars utilizing CAD Software programs from the information provided.
9. Be able to upsell and cross-sell among all of the Wine Enthusiast product lines.
10. Assist with showroom customers and navigate customers through our website.
11. Attend team sales meetings and contribute pertinent information with colleagues.
12. Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
1. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate to all kinds of people.
2. High personal standards and performance expectations – must have a passion to be the best.
3. Intent on achieving goals and executing a consultative sales model.
4. Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Internet and Social Media
5. Intense desire to help customers achieve their personal objectives.
6. Minimum of two years sales experience in professional selling and customer service environments.
7. Four year Bachelor’s Degree required.
Wine Enthusiast offers a competitive salary with commission opportunities and a benefits package including, health insurance, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, etc. Please forward resume via email to HR@wineenthusiast.net.
Please no phone calls or third parties EOE.