WINE CELLAR MERCHANT
WINE ENTHUSIAST COMPANIES, the premier source for all things wine, is seeking a highly experienced New Product Development Manager to create and source Wine Refrigerators and Cooling Units. To be considered, candidates must have experience sourcing & manufacturing at factories in Asia and have a network of colleagues familiar with production runs, Quality and Control, importing containers and purchasing. The successful candidate will have firsthand experience with the U.S. consumer appliance field and the U.S. retail market. As well, possess finely honed technical skills, be an effective communicator, and have the ability to collaborate well with a team. This position reports to the Director of Merchandising and will work with the rest of the Merchandising team at our NY Metropolitan office when not travelling to Asia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The New Product Development Manager will be the “product owner” of an existing product portfolio leading full life cycle management, managing profitability and recommending compelling new products. Responsibilities include actively researching customer needs and product opportunities; determining competitive product/technology plans and positioning; creating business case analysis and implementing strategies. In order to succeed it is essential to have experience in managing Chinese factories and be very comfortable with production schedules, quality and control and purchasing. The person we select will possess a blend of business and technical savvy, have a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- 6+ years’ experience in Product Management
- Previous experience in a consumer appliance field strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multi-location, geographically dispersed teams is mandatory
- BS in computer science/engineering or Business; MBA a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Aspiration to make a difference
- International Experience (Asia)
- Basic Mandarin language skills are preferred
- Travel required as is commuting to NY office
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Merch” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187.
We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match our requirements.
Please no phone calls or Third Parties. EOE.
ASSISTANT DIGITAL EDITOR
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, a leading voice in wine and the culinary lifestyle, seeks an Assistant Digital Editor for its Web site.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing and editing skills, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is focused, and has an eye for details. He/she will be responsible for uploading editorial content onto the Web site; keeping the homepage and landing pages fresh; conceptualizing editorial projects and campaigns; working with freelance writers from around the world; developing new editorial columns and packages; and executing social media programs with senior editors.
- Write original, high-quality digital content as needed, 2 to 5 posts per week
- Produce and publish articles to WordPress as needed: create several pieces per week, make constant updates to live site, repackage print material
- Program the homepage and all site verticals 3 to 5 times daily
- Fact-check articles under the advisement of senior editors
- Assist in basic photo research under the advisement of the art team
- Maintain daily production schedule
- Work closely with senior editors implementing social media strategy
- Outline and execute a vision for reaching new, diverse audiences, Google Analytics and Chartbeat to inform strategy
Desired Experience and Skill Set:
- A digital native with 2+ years experience working in editorial for major digital publications, preferably in the lifestyle space.
- Fluency in social media, preferably having spent time working within or closely with a social media team
- Interest and/or experience in the wine, spirits, beer and food industry are a plus
- Strong line-editing and writing skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines, and must have experience multitasking and tracking many projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with project management tools, Google Analytics and/or Chartbeat a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-versed in SEO best practices
- BA Journalism or related degree
- 2+ years of experience
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, and iMovie a plus but not required
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mount Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Digital” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187. EOE Please no Third Parties
We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match our requirements. Please no phone calls. EOE.
Social Media Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years business experience
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mt. Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Social” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187.
We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match our requirements. Please no phone calls or Third Parties. EOE.