Our Merchandising Team develops and brands merchandise for our core categories which include Wine Refrigerators, Racking, Furniture, Glassware and related categories of gadgets, housewares, tabletop, beer and spirits is seeking a bright & talented individual to fill our Merchandising Intern position for the Summer at our headquarters located in Mt. Kisco, N.Y. The position calls for someone who is detailed, organized, has an aptitude for math, communicates clearly and wants to learn.
We will rely upon our Intern to be a “hands-on” associate who will be involved with a variety of functions including but not limited to:
• Assisting buyers with their follow up on new product; information sheets, images and copy for the web and catalogs
• Assisting in the preparation of competitive analysis and analysis of current product mix
• Inputting, confirming and updating purchase orders as requested by the Merchants
• Overseeing merchandise samples; coordinating, documenting and returning samples to vendors
• Preparing and labeling samples for photography
• Proofing product copy for the catalog and website
• Creating and Maintaining product files in our inventory system.
We would prefer having someone who can provide 30 hours a week of service but will consider a person who can offer 20 hours a week.
If this position interests you please forward a cover letter and resume or letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls. EOE
Senior Associate Digital Editor
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking a Senior Associate Digital Editor to join their Magazine’s Editorial department working out of their Westchester County offices.
The Senior Associate Digital Editor (SADE) will be responsible for generating timely, accessible wine news, trend and lifestyle articles for Winemag.com, and shepherding those stories through our editorial process. Additionally, the SADE is expected to contribute to the efforts of the Wine Enthusiast editorial team across various platforms including print and social media. The SADE, with the guidance of the Digital Editorial Manager, is responsible for assigning and editing a broad array of content—from wine news and trend items to online features, essays, and service packages (all with digital/Web components), continually honing his/her writing and editing skills on the most competitive level and striving to stay on top of trends and cutting-edge approaches in the digital space.
Additionally, the SADE will maintain the Web site front end (along with assistance from the Digital Editorial Assistant), maintaining an editorial calendar and producing newsletters, managing a network of freelancers, collaborating with designers and repackaging archived content.
- Minimum of 4 years of editorial experience, writing and editing lifestyle, wine, food, travel, cocktail content.
- Experience with creating and maintaining daily Web edit calendar
- Ability to compile data and analytics, ie. SEO, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, to create content strategy
- Knowledge of WordPress programing and website maintenance
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, InCopy, etc.
- Experience with basic photo research
- Knowledge of social media best practices
To be considered for this full time position, please reply with your resume. We will contact those who best match our current needs. Please no phone calls. EOE.
Social Media Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a Social Media Coordinator to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years business experience
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.
The successful candidate will be working at our headquarters in Westchester County, Mt. Kisco, NY.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to HR@wineenthusiast.net and place “Social” in the subject box. You may also fax your materials to 914-218-9187.
We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match our requirements. Please no phone calls or Third Parties. EOE.
Product Developer / Sourcing Manager
Wine Enthusiast Companies, the premier source for all things wine, is seeking an experienced Product Developer / Sourcing Manager with firsthand consumer appliance and U.S. retail market experience. The expertise necessary to be considered includes; product development, sourcing & manufacturing, production runs, Quality and Control, importing containers and purchasing. Having worked with factories, especially in Asia, is highly desirable.
This position reports to the Director of Merchandising and will work with the rest of the Merchandising team at our NY Metropolitan office. International travel is required.
Requirements / Qualifications
- 6+ years’ experience in Product Development & Management
- 2+ years’ experience in a consumer appliance field strongly preferred.
- BS in Business or Computer Science/Engineering
- International Experience (Asia)
- International travel required as is commuting to our NY office
Please apply with your resume to email@example.com We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match the position’s requirements. Please no phone calls. EOE.
Assistant Art Director
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for a strong team-oriented designer, with 2-4 years industry experience, to work in both the print and web versions of Wine Enthusiast Magazine located in Westchester County NY.
The successful candidate will have a stylish, clean and confident layout and design style with a portfolio that presents solid attention to typography, image selection, balance and pacing for print and digital. Exposure and experience in editorial design within the world of wine, food and lifestyle is ideal.
The requirements of the position include:
Print page layout design, under direction of CD/AD
Art and copy revisions
Copy reflow, placing images, creating PDFs
Retouching of images
Image research for editorial stories
Working with Digital Editors, CD and AD to create components and design elements for the Wine Enthusiast site such as info-graphics, rotators and other digital assets.
Attend and assist with photo shoots
Assist with the production of advertising materials and creating secondary editorial promotional materials.
Fulfill digital and print logo and art requests as instructed by CD/AD and production manager
Design pages, comps, logos and additional support material
Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Some experience with HTML, and WordPress advantageous.
Articulate communicator both written and verbal.
Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook
Please apply with your resume and samples of your work. We look forward to contacting those candidates whose experience best matches the position’s requirements. No phone calls or third parties. EOE