Wine Enthusiast Companies Public Relations Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Companies seeks a dynamic, creative Public Relations Coordinator to work across both its e-commerce and media departments.
This position will be responsible for working with the Director of Communications, in tandem with the respective marketing teams to develop PR strategies and implement PR programs to optimize the press coverage of Wine Enthusiast Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Catalog products. The successful candidate will be a PR professional with 3-5 years of experience, possess a very strong work-ethic, have extensive media and industry contacts, exhibit excellent writing skills with proven successes in coverage. Ideally, an interest and experience in the food and wine industry is a plus.
- Support Director of Communications by handling multiple brands independently with the ability to perform within fast-paced, multi-priority setting, adhering to deadlines, processes and budgets
- Create Public Relations strategies, develop and implement creative traditional and non-traditional PR tactics that include event activations, on-brand partnerships, budgets and timelines.
- Act as primary day-to-day brand PR contact within the organization, and with vendors and media.
- Coordinate and execute editor interviews, including but not limited press meetings, consumer events and trade appointments, working in conjunction with the marketing team and the local sales organization.
- Advise Director on identifying and evaluating key industry tastings and opportunistic sponsorships and events, and organize participation accordingly. Attend major events where applicable.
- Bring strategic media value to marketing-driven promotions and events.
- Represent company at select industry conferences, media events, seminars, tours and other consumer/trade events both on and off site.
- Maintain and develop close relationship with trade and general consumer media (national and local) and wine trade groups in order to maximize brand press coverage
- Write effective press releases, fact sheets, company profiles, special pitches, etc. to ensure inclusion in planned and applicable editorial pieces as well as to initiate proprietary wine-related articles
- Develop creative and successful “media savvy” ideas and promotions that reach beyond wine press to interest food and lifestyle general media
- Manage media briefings with supplier spokespeople
- Develop and maintain all media materials (such as brand talking points, media kits)
- Familiarity and experience with Cision is preferred
- College degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in public relations required (public relations agency management and wine press and/or wine industry background experience preferred).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-priority setting.
- Perfect verbal and writing skills for pitches, press releases, media alerts, PR plans, media briefing and messaging documents.
- Established network of contacts within wine, food, lifestyle outlets.
- Strong project manager skills, managing clear processes, communicating across departments and meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing on-brand successful PR strategies and plans.
- Must be highly organized and possess strong analytical skills.
This is a full time position working on sight at our headquarters in Southern Westchester, NY. Our offices provide complimentary transportation to and from the White Plains Metro North Train Station for our city commuters. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes paid time off and benefits. If you are interested in this position and your skills meet our qualifications please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third party inquiries. EOE
B2B Product Marketing Assistant
Wine Enthusiast Companies seeks a Product Marketing Assistant to join the team.
You will be the primary support for the *Marketing Coordinator* and part of the team responsible for executing all B2B product related initiatives. This opportunity is ideal for anyone who enjoys marketing, is willing to tackle obstacles and contribute towards innovative solutions for the broader market.
The goal of the“B2B Product Marketing Assistant” is to be the person responsible for marketing products to our B2B partners/clients. You will learn to develop campaigns, work with our product development team, and participate in launching and promoting Wine Enthusiast products. In essence you will be the “Go To” person for our B2B line.
- Understanding who our target customers are and how we can reach them
- Determine product availability to market to B2B partners
- Review and maintain all databases that hold product information
- Maintain inventory feeds
- Collect and maintain all relevant marketing information required by B2B Team
- Maintain communication with B2B partners and provide them with all necessary product information (images, item specs, shipping specs, product details, etc.)
- Keep track of what is being sold by which partner and report on sales performance.
Skills & Qualifications
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage several projects at any given time.
- Ability to utilize clear and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan for the “what ifs” and solve problems with excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- BA/BS preferred
This is a full time position working on sight at our headquarters in Westchester County, NY. It provides a competitive compensation package which includes paid time off and benefits. If you are interested in this position and your skills meet our qualifications please forward your resume to email@example.com.
Please no phone calls or third party inquiries. EOE