SATURDAY & SUNDAY
JUNE 14th & 15th
AUGUST 16TH & 17TH, 2014
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Ticket Information and special offers at: http://www.jazzagelawnparty.com/tickets.html
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invite you to the beloved Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island. Now in its ninth year, the event has become the quintessential outdoor celebration of the Jazz Age and its living legacy.
This trip through time begins on a breezy ferry with views of Lady Liberty en route to NYC’s local treasure, Governors Island. Once ashore, a sprawling green awaits, nestled under a canopy of century-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, surrounded by historic architecture - a dream of the 1920s hidden right in the heart of New York Harbor.
For the sixth consecutive year, St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur will be our signature spirit partner. In addition, we are pleased to announce that legendary mixtress Julie Reiner (co-owner of Clover Club, Flatiron Lounge and Pegu Club) and Andy Seymour (one of America’s top mixologists) join the Lawn Party family to lend their magic to our refreshing summer cocktail list.
Jazz Age Lawn Party chef Jimmy Carbone (proprietor of Jimmy’s No. 43 in the East Village) returns to serve up his tasty fare (including “Squab on Toast,” “Sliced Beefsteak Sandwich,” “Shrimp Roll,” “Portabello Sandwich” and fresh grilled Mexican corn) to complete your al fresco feast on the Lawn.
Fabulous new features include: an additional stage for featured entertainers, brand new deluxe ticket packages, shorter lines and fun filled raffles throughout the day, along with other special surprises.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, the event has been revered year after year by The New York Times, The New Yorker and countless media around the globe.
A delightful array of offerings abound throughout the day, including:
• MICHAEL ARENELLA AND HIS DREAMLAND ORCHESTRA the world’s premier Jazz Age dance band, specializing in the Hot-Jazz of the 1920s. Conductor, composer, musician and singer Michael Arenella presents a personally transcribed songbook for your listening and dancing pleasure
• THE DREAMLAND FOLLIES an Art Deco spectacle evokes Ziegfield-esque grandeur
• RODDY CARAVELLA AND THE CANARSIE WOBBLERS this fun-loving dance
troupe conjures the rebellious yet exuberant spirit of Roaring ‘20s youth
• GELBER & MANNING BAND feuding vaudevillian lovebirds quarrel, coo and make
beautiful music together
• QUEEN ESTHER pays tribute to jazz royalty of yore
• PETER MINTUN world’s greatest piano man
• THE MINSKY SISTERS tap dance darlings delight with fancy footwork
• ANTIQUE GRAMOPHONES bring to life original recordings from the 1920s
• DANCE LESSONS learn the hottest dance steps of the time
• VINTAGE PORTRAITS you ought to be in pictures, snapped in our Sweetheart Booth or
perched upon our Paper Moon
• BATHING BEAUTIES AND BEAUS PROMENADE pull that itchy wool number out of
the closet and parade it for all to admire
• 1920s MOTORCAR EXHIBITION get up close and personal with flivvers and Tin
• CHARLESTON DANCE CONTEST see who’s the Bee’s Knees in this lighthearted
• THE HIGH COURT OF PIE CONTEST categories include “Mom’s Best” “Best Savory”
“Most Original” and “Hobo’s Choice” (For entry email: email@example.com)
• KIDLAND carnival games and prizes for junior gents and flapperettes
• EXPANSIVE 100’ X 100’ WOODEN DANCE FLOOR set up right on the lawn!
• TWO STAGES featuring the finest Jazz Age entertainment throughout the day
• ST-GERMAIN ELDERFLOWER LIQUEUR presents a variety of refreshing and
enticing cocktails including the Signature St-Germain Cocktail, Sangria Flora in addition to new creations designed by renowned mixologists, Julie Reiner and Andy Seymour. Each cocktail has been handcrafted to highlight the light, refreshing taste of St-Germain.
• MARTINI Sparkling Wines proudly joins the lineup of superior cocktail offerings at this year’s Jazz Age Lawn Party. The iconic Italian winemaker will be showcasing a full portfolio of sparkling wines for refreshing enjoyment, including the new fully sparkling Prosecco, the aromatic Rosé and the naturally sweet Asti. Available by the bottle, by the glass or in charming mini bottles, MARTINI has a wine for every palate.
• ICE COLD BEER, old fashioned lemonade, soda, juices, water, iced coffee and tea to whet your whistle
• GOURMET FOOD MENU featuring an assortment of fresh, era-inspired entrées and picnic fare along with treats and snacks including ice cream, hot popped corn and more!
• VINTAGE CLOTHING VENDORS AND ARTISANS a veritable village of timeless treasures and inspired creations to take home
• DREAMLAND GENERAL STORE for your comfort and convenience offering picnic blankets, parasols, hand fans and assorted sundries