Join Santa Barbara County’s top culinary talent for three unforgettable days of food and wine. Set within the luxurious surroundings of Bacara Resort, the Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend celebrates Julia Child’s lifelong passion for learning, love of eating well and appreciation for Santa Barbara’s coastal bounty.
Highlights of the Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend at Bacara include:
· Santa Barbara sea urchin education by fisherwoman Stephanie Mutz followed by a cooking demonstration
· Tribute to Santa Barbara County’s most talked about culinary neighborhoods, including The Funk Zone, Los Alamos and Arts District
· Tour of Good Land Organics, the only farm in the continental United States to grow coffee as a commercial crop
· Local wine reception and tastings by Santa Barbara County Vintners’ Association and Santa Barbara’s only Master Sommelier Brian McClintic
· Additional events, including cooking classes and educational seminars
At the heart of the weekend is a special tribute to Julia Child who spent her final years in Santa Barbara, a city she described as a “bit of heaven.” The weekend is inspired by Julia’s lifelong passion for learning, love of eating well and mission to further gastronomy. A portion of event proceeds will benefit The Julia Child Foundation.
Santa Barbara Food & Wine Weekend ticket prices range from zero to $250. Bacara Resort is offering an overnight package that includes: two-night stay at Bacara Resort & Spa on June 6 and 7; two tickets to the opening night wine reception on June 6; two tickets to the Sunday neighborhood tasting on June 8, and valet parking. Prices start at $515 a night (normally $657 if purchased separately). Advanced reservations are recommended.
For tickets or more information, please visit www.BacaraCulinaryWeekend.com.
All information is provided by the listing user and is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.