- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup water
- finely grated zest of 4 limes
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 5 tablespoons cachaca
1. Combine the sugar and water in a 1-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the lime zest. Set aside to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cooled syrup with the lime juice. Strain the juice if you prefer a finer texture, or leave in the pulp. Stir in the cachaca. Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s directions.