- For the vinaigrette:
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the st￭ avocados:
- 1 cup uncooked medium-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Zest of 2 lemons (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husked and cleaned
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 12 ounces cooked crab meat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
To prepare stuffed avocados: Combine rice, chicken stock, garlic and butter in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove rice from heat; stir in lemon zest and salt, and let cool.
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add corn; cook 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove corn with tongs and cool. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels off the cob (about 1 cup of kernels).
Peel, seed, and halve avocados. Divide salad greens among four plates and top with avocado halves. Combine rice and corn; mound into avocado halves and top with crab meat. Drizzle each stuffed avocado with vinaigrette and sprinkle with cilantro.