- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small Vidalia onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2¼ cups light chicken stock
- 1¼ cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 medium ears)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pieces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Heat the olive oil in a medium nonreactive soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sweat until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not allow to color.
Add the stock, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the corn, bring to boil, and simmer 4 to 6 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
Transfer the soup carefully to a high-speed blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the soup into a nonreactive container and chill until cold.
When ready to serve, ladle the soup into stemmed glasses or small soup cups and garnish each serving with crab and chopped scallion.