- 4 portions Black Cod
- 2 sheets Nori, crumbled in a food processor
- 1 qt cream
- 1 dozen clams
- 1 dozen oysters
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 large leeks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking Cod (Chef Kostow favors Olave brand)
1. Season the Cod well with crumbled Nori.
2. Allow to ‘temper’ or sit until it loses its refrigerator chill.
3. Combine cream, clams, shucked oysters and their liquor in a small pot. Allow to simmer until clams open.
4. Strain, season with sea salt and reserve.
5. Slice leeks into very fine rounds and blanch quickly in boiling salted water.
6. Melt butter in a small pan and sauté leeks.
7. Heat another pan, add oil and cook cod until done. (About three minutes on each side, depending upon thickness.)
8. Divide leeks into four portions and place in the bottom of four bowls; place one portion of cod on top of each.
9. Using a frother, froth the cream and spoon it around each portion of cod.