Created by Evan Martin (Naga Cocktail Bar in Bellevue, Wash.)
- 3/4 ounce aged rum
- 3/4 ounce aged rhum agricole
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1/3 ounce orgeat syrup (see headnote)
- 1/3 ounce falernum, preferably John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum
- 3 dashes absinthe
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Crushed ice
- 1/2 ounce grenadine
- 1/2 ounce dark rum, preferably Cruzan Black Strap
Combine the rum, rhum agricole, Grand Marnier, orgeat syrup, falernum, absinthe and juices in a Collins or highball glass (or tiki mug) and fill with crushed ice. Swizzle the drink well to mix and to frost the glass, then add the grenadine.
Overfill the glass with crushed ice, then pour in the dark rum.