- 2 ounces Hangar One Straight Vodka
- 1.5 ounces blackberry purée (Zimorski uses Les Vergers Boiron, or use fresh)
- 1 ounce black pepper-and smoke-infused syrup (see recipe below)
- Juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Coarsely crushed candied violets for garnish (Available through www.indiatree.com)
- Freshly cracked pepper for garnish
Combine first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake well. Strain into a martini glass rimmed first with the black pepper/smoke-infused syrup, and then dipped into the candied violets. Garnish with five turns of a pepper grinder on a coarse setting.