- 2 ounces Herradura Silver Tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce ginger simple syrup*
- 1 lime wheel, for garnish
- *Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
Shake over ice and strain into a salt-rimmed chilled cocktail glass. Add the garnish.
For the syrup:
In a nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, heat the water and the sugar, stirring frequently, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Pour the syrup into a jar, add the ginger, and allow to infuse overnight. Strain through a double layer of dampened cheesecloth, and store in the refrigerator.