- 4 branches fresh rosemary
- For the dressing:
- ◦1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ◦1 small clove garlic, minced
- ◦2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar
- ◦1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ◦2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 1⁄2 lemon
- ◦1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon limoncello
- ◦Salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- ◦12 jumbo (U-12) shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
- ◦1 pound mixed baby greens or organic arugula
- ◦12 organic golden teardrop tomatoes, or other cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- ◦3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill. Soak the rosemary branches in cold water for 15 minutes, then drain. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine the olive oil, garlic, golden balsamic and balsamic vinegars, lemon juice and limoncello in a cup and whisk well to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
Thread 3 shrimp onto each rosemary branch, gently pushing them together until they just touch. Set them on a plate. Whisk the dressing, then scoop out a couple of tablespoons and pour them into another cup. Using a pastry brush, baste the shrimp from the smaller portion of dressing, brushing all sides of the shrimp.
Arrange the mixed greens onto a large serving platter. Scatter the halved tomatoes evenly over the greens. Grill the shrimp for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are opaque and slightly pink. Then arrange them onto the platter of mixed greens. Drizzle the remaining dressing evenly over the salad greens and the grilled shrimp. Scatter the feta cheese evenly over the salad.