- 4 ounce fresh goat cheese
- 1 firm, ripe peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 large egg. Beaten flour
- light oil for frying
- 1 package washed, baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon spiced pecans for garnish
- Peach vinaigrette*
- *For the peach vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons peach vinegar (see below for recipe)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon mayonnaise
- 5-6 tablespoon light vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut goat cheese into rounds, dredge in flour, dip in beaten egg and coat in bread crumbs.Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry breaded goat cheese until slightly browned and warmed through. Set on paper towels to drain. Toss baby spinach leaves with a small amount of peach vinaigrette. Place about a cup of dressed greens on salad plate, arrange three or four slices of peaches over greens, set rounds of goat cheese in center of salad. Garnish with a few spiced pecans. Drizzle with a bit more peach vinaigrette.
Make peach vinegar by blending equal parts peach puree with unseasoned rice or white wine vinegar. Combine with mayonnaise and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stirring rapidly with whisk, slowly drizzle in the oil. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.