- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 6 center-cut pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 cup Pinot Noir
- 2 cups pork or veal demi-glace
In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, thyme, garlic, shallots, and mustard together until the marinade is well combined. Place the pork chops in a shallow pan and pour the marinade over. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
Heat a grill (outdoor or stovetop) until hot. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade. Arrange the chops on the preheated grill and cook, turning, to the desired degree of doneness.
Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, reduce the wine over medium heat by half. Stir in the demi-glace, coffee, and vinegar and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove the pan from the heat.
To serve, place the pork chops on a serving platter and pour the sauce over them.