- 4 yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Combine marinade ingredients in a food processor. Reserve marinade in a large freezer bag. Seal tuna steaks in separate freezer bags; keep iced in cooler until ready to use.
Marinate tuna in freezer bag for 1-2 hours. Remove tuna from marinade and grill over hot fire, 3 minutes per side for medium rare (time will vary depending on steaks’ thickness).