Recipe courtesy of El Centro D.F., Washington, DC
Spanish for “dove,” the Paloma is the most popular cocktail in Mexico. It usually includes grapefruit soda like Squirt or Jarritos, but El Centro’s version replaces it with blood orange juice, oregano-infused lime juice and club soda.
- 1½ ounce Tequila Reposado
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice
- 1 ounce Mexican Oregano-infused Lime Juice*
- 3-4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- Club soda
- Blood orange twist, for garnish
Add all ingredients except club soda and garnish in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a highball glass filled with cracked ice, and garnish with a blood orange twist.
*Note: For the infused lime juice, muddle a handful of Mexican oregano with lime juice, and then double strain to remove the leaves.