- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed into bite-size pieces
- 1 small bunch fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4½ ounces chevre, crumbled and at room temperature
- 1 pound pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
In a bowl, toss the butternut squash with some extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, sage, garlic, and nutmeg.
Begin boiling some water for the pasta.
Roast the squash in a 400˚F oven, tossing once or twice until golden brown and the edges start to crisp (about 30 to 40 minutes).
Cook the penne (or pasta of your choice; orecchiette is great for this too) in salted water until al dente and drain.
Toss the hot pasta with the squash mixture and top with chevre.