- 1 ounce Herradura Silver Tequila
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau
- 1⁄4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces prickly pear purée* (may substitute pomegranate juice)
- Rose water air (recipe follows)
- Rose Water Air:
- 3 ounces rose water*
- 9 ounces distilled water
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin powder**
- *Prickly pear purée can be found in organic, Asian or Latin markets.
- *Rose water is available at drugstores. Oyamel uses Cortes brand, but any available brand may be used.
- **Soy lecithin powder is available at health food stores.
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add first four ingredients, and shake vigorously until it is almost too cold to hold. Strain the margarita into a stemless martini glass.
For the rose air:Combine all ingredients and blend with an immersion blender until a thick layer of foam appears.
Spoon rose air foam (not the liquid) gently onto the top of the margarita.