- 2 bunches medium beets, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 ounces feta cheese, drained and cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- Zest of 1 lemon, minced or grated
- Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange beets in shallow baking dish and toss with about 1 teaspoon olive oil, season lightly with salt and roast until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, 35 to 50 minutes, depending on the size of the beets. Let beets cool slightly, then peel with your fingers. Cut beets into wedges and place into medium serving bowl. Add walnuts, feta and lemon zest, and toss gently. Drizzle with remaining oil, season generously with black pepper and serve immediately.