- 4 large, fresh scallops
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or
- sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 2 pinches fleur de sel, for garnish
Fill a pan fitted with steamer basket with water, to just below the bottom of the basket. Bring water to a boil over a medium-high heat. Steam scallops for 3 minutes, until medium rare. (The scallops will become more firm and opaque.) Cut into thin, round slices, 4-6 slices per scallop, and chill. Scallops can be made up to 8 hours before serving.
Whisk together Champagne, lemon juice, shallot, chives, red peppers and grapeseed oil. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Arrange two sliced scallops on each plate, slightly shingling each slice. Drizzle vinaigrette, then truffle oil, over scallops. Finish with a sprinkle of fleur de sel and serve.