- For the crust:
- 118.25-ounce box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe;Classic Yellow Cake Mix;
- 4 ounces butter, melted and cooled (plus extra for greasing;
- 2 eggs
- For the gooey batter:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened;
- 16 ounces confectioner's (or 10X) sugar;
- 2 eggs
1. Prepare the crust: Grease a 9″ x 13 1/2″ Pyrex glass baking dish with extra butter.
2. Combine crust ingredients in a mixer (like a Kitchen-Aid), and mix on medium speed until crust starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
3. With a plastic spatula, spread the crust mixture evenly over the bottom of the Pyrex pan.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Prepare the gooey batter. Using the Kitchen-Aid once again, beat cream cheese and sugar until it is light and fluffy, scraping the sides often. The mixture should look like icing.
6. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after each egg. The mixture should be smooth, lump-free.
7. Pour the batter over the crust, and bake the cake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. There should be the slightest jiggle in the very center of the cake when it is done. Cool to room temperature and serve.