- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice or other long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Â½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- About 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 red pepper, seeded, pith removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups cubed or sliced cooked turkey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions and keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok set over medium-high heat until it sizzles when you add a drop of water to it. Add the garlic, ginger and scallion and cook, stirring and shaking the wok, for about 30 seconds, until the garlic is golden but not browned.
Add the green beans and cook, stirring to coat with the oil and seasonings, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender-crisp and brilliant green. Add the red pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened.
Stir in the soy and hoisin sauces and cook for 1 minute longer, or until the hoisin dissolves into the soy sauce. Add the turkey and cook for 1 minute longer, or just until heated through. Serve hot over the jasmine rice.
You can add other vegetables to this stir-fry. Baby corn, thinly sliced carrots, broccoli florets, onions or bok choy will all work nicely.