- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling 3 pounds zucchini, trimmed and cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini and sauté for about 12 minutes, until the squash is lightly colored. Then add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
Add the stock to the zucchini and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
Transfer about two-thirds of the soup to a blender or food processor and purée.
Pour the puree back into the remaining soup in the pan and set it over low heat. Add the cream and reheat the soup, stirring continually to prevent the soup from burning. Stir in the basil, mint, and Parmesan until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Pour the soup into 4 bowls and finish with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.