- 1 pound fresh peeled shrimp
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bundle of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 head of fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 pieces of pepperoncini or chili flake
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti or tonnarelli pasta
Cut the shrimp into small pieces and season with a sufficient drizzle of olive oil plus salt, pepper and parsley (reserving some parsley for the garnish), and set aside. Chop fresh heirloom tomatoes into small cubes.
Boil 2-4 quarts water and add salt. Cook pasta until al dente. While pasta is cooking, in a saucepan add the remaining olive oil, garlic and chili flakes. Add the heirloom tomato pieces and cook at low flame, adding white wine, to taste. When tomato is cooked add shrimp and cook for a few minutes more, making sure not to overcook.
Drain pasta, reserving water, and add pasta to the sauce. Cook all together, adding small splashes of pasta water. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.