- 5 pounds pork butt, cut in thirds
- 1-½ tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Hawaiian sea salt
- 10 green cabbage leaves (or 10 banana leaves, if available)
- 3 cups chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2. Rub the pork with the smoke flavor and sea salt.
3. Take an appropriate-size roasting pan and line the bottom with half of the cabbage leaves. Place the pork in it.
4. Add chicken stock, being careful not to pour it over the pork. Cover with remaining cabbage leaves.
5. Cover tightly and roast for approximately 2½ to 4 hours. Cook the pork until a meat thermometer inserted into it reads 165°F.
Note: When done, the pork should shred easily and be very moist.