Customer Experience and Support Manager
Wine Enthusiast Companies, the leading full-service provider of innovative products and services for the wine lifestyle is seeking a passionate and energetic Customer Experience and Support Manager. We are seeking someone with a high standard of excellence and commitment to quality in all customer touch points.
Working with the Customer Service team at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY the key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Oversee our customer support department (team of 6) to ensure the best customer experience in our B2C, B2B and drop ship channels. This includes but is not limited to:
- setting and maintaining standards of response time on the phone, email and chat
- evaluating current and establishing future customer support policies
- directing the daily operations of the customer service team, measuring performance and ensuring standards are exceeded
- negotiating and handling complex and escalated customer service issues
- Maximize the use of existing technology tools and implement new ones as need.
- Lead initiatives that enlighten company staff on the associated benefits/consequence of their decisions on customer experience and on company profits.
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies.
- Evaluate, motivate and successfully manage staff including training and coaching.
- Monitor and approve credits, repairs, returns and product replacements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or Technical Degree
5-7 years of customer service experience, ideally in an ecommerce setting
3-5 years supervisory experience
In-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Proficiency in call center phone system software
NetSuite software experience a “plus”
Our ideal candidate would be described as having all of the following attributes:
Passionate with a high level of energy, motivation and commitment to service
A strong manager who loves people with proven high level customer service experience
Eager to learn about the industry and how best to attend to the customer’s needs
Driven, charismatic and flexible
Hands-on and open to wearing many hats.
Highly organized and able to track issues and escalate as necessary
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
A clear and effective communicator whether speaking or when writing
Interest or appreciation for wine
Along with a great group of co-workers and a beautiful location we offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k with matching, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, an on-site gym with free fitness classes, a cafeteria, covered parking and the opportunity to enhance your wine knowledge by participating in our wine tasting classes.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE
Digital Advertising Admin (Part-time)
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the publishing division of Wine Enthusiast Companies, has an open part-time position in its Digital Advertising Sales group for a department admin. The ideal candidate will need to be a digital native with a strong desire to learn about the digital advertising ecosystem and associated best practices including the use of social media and email.
Areas of responsibility include the production of various online advertising promotions, the reporting of those campaigns and general support of our Digital Advertising team.
General duties include:
- Contacting clients to collect promotional assets for a variety of programs
- Publishing sponsored content to our social media platforms; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- Working with Editorial team to produce weekly newsletters
- Assisting in weekly reporting of all digital adverting programs, including pulling analytics, screenshots and compiling wrap up reports.
- Assist in production of advertising programs such as dedicated emails, banners campaigns and sponsored social posts
- Assist in compiling promotion strategy for large digital adverting programs
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of the online advertising space
- Experience with posting to a variety of social media platforms
- The ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Adobe Creative Suite skills are a plus
This part-time position calls for working up to 22 hours per week onsite at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY through December 2019. In addition to joining a very talented team of professionals, we have a roundtrip shuttle service to the White Plains train station, an onsite café & gym and covered parking.
For more information contact Greg Remillard at GRemillard@wineenthusiast.net.
To apply please forward your resume or a letter of interest to HR@wineenthusiast.net
We will contact those candidates who have the desired skills mentioned above. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Tasting Coordinator
Do you love wine? Are you constantly striving to learn more? If so, then we might have a great opportunity for you in our Tasting Department. We are looking for an Assistant Tasting Coordinator to help organize all the wines that are submitted to Wine Enthusiast for review, as well as order and pour flights for our reviewers who taste wine from all over the world. You’ll have a chance to taste everything—from well-known Argentine Malbecs to unique, under-the-radar wines like Croatian Plavac Mali. If you have an undeniable passion for wine, love to learn and don’t get deterred by a bit of problem solving, then we would love to hear from you.
As the Assistant Tasting Coordinator your main responsibilities will be to:
Continually update our wine database and inventory
• Enter new wines into our database
• Maintain wine inventory ensuring bottles are always organized and tagged
• Remain current by removing out of date wines & notes in the database
• Contact submitters to obtain missing information
Assist with other Tasting & Review needs
• Set up flights & tastings
• Obtain information to ensure database is current and accurate
With time, contribute editorially to our Wine Enthusiast magazine & Web site.
To be considered you need to:
• Have proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Have experience and be comfortable with Web research
• Possess basic wine knowledge
• Be reliable and able to commute 5 days a week to Valhalla, NY.
• Have at least 1-2 years of administrative office experience
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k with company match, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, onsite covered parking, cafeteria and gym as well as opportunities to join our yoga, wine tasting and kick boxing classes.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match the needs of this position so no phone calls or third parties are necessary. We are proud to be an EOE.