VP of Technology
Wine Enthusiast Companies, the leading, full-service provider of innovative products and services for the wine lifestyle, is seeking a seasoned and ambitious VP of Technology to take our Omni-channel media and commerce business to the next level of technology.
A successful VP of Technology should be able to steer the ship of three distinct businesses, managing currents while being forward-thinking, forging a solid path for the company’s future. Experience with the organizational change management that comes with a technological transformation is also essential. We are seeking a hands-on, inspiring leader.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
Technology Implementation & Adoption
- Lead and manage the final steps of our transformation to the NetSuite platform including all operations of the Omni-channel ecommerce business front and back-end ensuring best practices for process improvement and future success.
- Apply rigorous project management skills to achieve milestones, resolve issues, track progress and engage internal and external team stakeholders efficiently and effectively
- Ensure effective training and readiness plans to optimize productivity, change management and adoption of new processes and technology
- Implement rollout strategy with back up plans to assure smooth transitions and mitigate business risks.
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads such as marketing, production, operations and finance as an advisor and educator of technologies that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Strategy & Initiatives
- Establish the Company’s technical vision, strategic direction and roadmaps, leading all aspects of the company’s technological development and implementation recommending best in class solutions anticipating future needs.
- With a focus on maximizing technology ROI, identify new technology trends and consumer’s evolving behavior in media/content consumption, electronic and mobile commerce.
- Manage digital media assets while identifying and implementing new technologies to achieve competitive advantages
- Design, implement and monitor plans to protect the Company IT infrastructure from potential disaster, including unexpected downtime.
- Develop technology risk and security policies to safeguard customer and company information.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify potential intrusions and issues.
Leadership, Organizational Capacity & Development
- Assess organizational capacity. Evaluates and develops effective and collaborative workflow processes to meet the needs and support the goals of the Company.
- Recruit and develop a highly productive, results oriented team with a passion for continuous improvement. Instills a culture of accountability for performance goals, adherence to deadlines and financial results.
Budgeting & Financial
- Direct the IT planning and budgeting process assuring alignment against overall company strategies and objectives.
- Ensure timely launches of IT initiatives within budget and on time.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- 10+ years experience and deep technical knowledge of e-commerce and/or media businesses including B2B and B2C
- 5+ years experience with NetSuite platform ideally including ERP, SCA and DSI
- 5+ years front or back-end development experience including responsive web development, MYSQL, PHP, HTML/CSS
- Expertise in Change Management at medium-large organizations
Also Good to Know
This position will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer full medical, dental and vision benefits, life insurance, 401K, paid time off, employee discount, a weekly yoga class plus wine tasting class participation as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station, an onsite café & gym and covered parking.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls or third parties. We look forward to contacting those candidates who fit the position’s requirements. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.