Wine Enthusiast, the world’s number one source for wine storage, glassware and wine décor, is seeking a new product development merchant to create exciting Glassware & Housewares for E-commerce and catalog.
The successful candidate will be a “creative thinker” with a track record of numerous successful product launches in the homewares, tabletop and décor industry. The ability to collaborate with a team and confidence in making product presentations. Excellent sense of design and the ability to pivot and multi-task.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create merchandising assortment and strategies for the B to B and B to C divisions, with excellent margins and mass appeal.
- Sourcing via Factory visits, Trade Shows and competitive market research
- Collaborate with management on the development and execution of merchandising, pricing and promotion. Comfortable with the full suite of Microsoft Office – particularly power point and excel.
- Partner with inventory planning to determine buys and rebuys and forecasting.
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability of the Retail and B to B divisions.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 5-7 years professional experience in merchandising (buying, sourcing, trend analysis, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and overseas
Must Have Characteristics:
- Strong organization skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Natural collaborator able to work across different teams as well as directly with customers
- Able to gather, analyze and report sales data
- Creative thinker, problem solver, and active learner
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, on-site gym with free fitness classes, cafeteria and covered parking – in a bucolic campus setting.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match or current needs.
Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE
Buying Guide Coordinator
Wine Enthusiast Magazine, the publishing division of Wine Enthusiast Companies, is growing and is in need of adding a Buying Guide Coordinator to the Sales and Marketing team. This full time position includes a base salary, commissions, a bonus plan, benefits and growth potential. We have great employees working at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY which offers an onsite gym and café as well as a shuttle service for train commuters and covered parking.
The successful candidate will have:
- One to three years’ experience as a digital & print ad sales representative.
- A strong knowledge of publishing/media industry.
- A proven track record in achieving/exceeding advertising sales goals.
- Good word processing and electronic communication skills. Any work in CRM data management systems is a plus i.e. NetSuite, Salesforce.com.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact successfully with clients and advertising agencies at all levels.
- A willingness to help our team with additional administrative duties if asked.
In addition this position calls for someone who:
- Is self-motivated, organized and entrepreneurial by nature. A self-starter, dynamic and results oriented all while working in a team environment.
- Can consistently demonstrate the values of the Advertising department’s culture of success.
- Will be the primary contact for clients, sales staff and the printer for the buying guide program.
- Must demonstrate a strong and effective ability in prospecting, negotiating and closing.
Candidates that have an extraordinary track record in media sales will be highly considered as will those who have an interest in the wine culture and lifestyle.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to HR@WineEnthusiast.net with “Mag” in the subject area. We look forward to contacting those candidates who best match the position’s requirements. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EEOC.
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels across our growing supply chain. Developing, monitoring and adjusting inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with Merchandisers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
Inventory Management Responsibilities
- Forecast, set, monitor and adjust inventory levels by SKU.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Analyze data & trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as required (purchase order confirmation, ship confirmation, AP and pricing information)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with planning systems.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, retail mathematics and inventory planning concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work within framework of departmental and company goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Team player, comfortable building effective cross functional relationships.
- Able to problem solve, think critically and apply findings in ways that drive company profitability
- Comfortable and poised in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station, onsite café & gym and covered parking. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE employer.