Wine Tasting Department Assistant
Wine Enthusiast Companies, located in Valhalla, NY, has a unique opportunity in its Tasting Department for an assistant. The primary responsibility of the Tasting Assistant is to support the Tasting & Review department with submissions as well as to set up tastings. This is an on-site, paid, part time position working up to 30 hours per week in our Valhalla, NY headquarters.
As the Tasting Department Assistant your main responsibilities will be to:
- Continually update our wine database and inventory.
- Enter new wines into database
- Keep bottles tagged and organized
- Remove out of date wines while updating database
- Contact submitters to obtain missing information
- Assist with other Tasting & Review issues as needed
- Set up flights and tastings
- Obtain information to ensure database is current and accurate
To be considered you should:
- Have proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have experience and be comfortable with Web research
- Possess basic wine knowledge
- Be reliable and available for up to 30 hours a week
- Have at least 1-2 years of office experience
Along with our great employees and work environment we offer paid time off, an on-site café and gym, a round trip shuttle service to White Plains train Station, covered parking, all within a park like setting.
If you meet all the qualifications and are interested in this position please forward your resume via email; email@example.com. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match this opportunity. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Service Representative
The Wine Enthusiast, a direct marketing and e-commerce leader in providing wine cellars, racking and wine accessories is seeking to add articulate, friendly and dependable professionals to our Customer Support Division at our new headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We have full and part time positions available.
The key to being a successful Customer Service Representative at the Wine Enthusiast is knowing how to always put the customer first. We ensure our customers receive timely, accurate and knowledgeable information as well as assistance and accuracy processing their orders.
The main responsibilities include:
- Answer in-bound customer calls
- Communicate with customers via email & Live Chat
- Command thorough product knowledge of our merchandise
- Process customer orders accurately and quickly via our computer system
- Assist customers with product selection and questions
- Process and resolve customer inquiries promptly
We have a great work environment and great employees. We provide paid training as well as offer benefits, paid time off, an on-site café and gym, a round trip shuttle service to White Plains train Station, covered parking, all within a park like setting. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume Please no phone calls or third parties. We will contact those candidates who best match the job responsibilities. EOE
Successful candidates will:
- Have 1-2 years of Customer Service experience
- Maintain fast and accurate data entry skills (Excel is a plus)
- Be detail oriented
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be good listeners
- Have strong multi-tasking skills and outstanding organizational skills
- Be able to work in high demand environment with minimal supervision
- Have a clear, calm and pleasant speaking voice
- Have prior call center experience
- Have prior receptionist and or retail experience
A bonus would be to have an interest in learning about our wine refrigeration units or experience working with refrigeration/electronic appliances.
We provide a competitive compensation package which includes paid time off and benefits. If you are interested in this position and your skills meet our qualifications please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please no phone calls or third party inquiries. EOE
Customer Technical Support Specialist
Do you like to tinker with motors or engines…..like to figure out how things work……like being a problem solver? If you have these likes then you just might like working with us.
The Wine Enthusiast is a direct marketing and e-commerce leader in providing wine cellars, racking and wine accessories. We are currently seeking a professional who can fill the role as one of our Technical Support Specialist working from our headquarters in Valhalla, NY.
The primary job of the Technical Support Specialist is to provide guidance and answers to customers who contact us in regards to the operation of their wine cellars and or cooling unit. How do I do….., what does this mean…., I think I need a…, there’s this noise…..how do I reset the unit….etc.
With that in mind, the main responsibilities of this position include:
- handle incoming technical support calls
- trouble shoot technical issues
- contact service companies for repairs
- submit appropriate paperwork for processing (warranties, call tags, repair bills, order acknowledgements, etc)
- customer communications (warranty, drop ship, claims, etc)
- work with in house service technician on return unit repairs
- work with Inventory planning to order replacement parts for cellar repairs
Along with having an inquisitive nature, a mechanical ability and pride yourself at being a problem solver the following will help you be a successful candidate:
- have 2-3 years of Technical experience (yes we would prefer HVAC but having an electrical or machinery or engine interest is ok as well)
- have prior customer service experience
- have a clear, calm and pleasant speaking voice
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- have strong multi-tasking skills and outstanding organizational skills
- be able to work in high demand environment with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a 37.5 hour work week, paid vacation, personal and sick time, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits, 401k, employee discounts, shuttle service to and from White Plains train station, onsite covered parking, cafeteria and gym as well as opportunities to join our yoga, wine tasting and kick boxing classes.
If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to reaching out to those candidates who best match the needs of this position so no phone calls or third parties are necessary. We are proud to be an EOE.
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels across our growing supply chain. Developing, monitoring and adjusting inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with Merchandisers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
Inventory Management Responsibilities
- Forecast, set, monitor and adjust inventory levels by SKU.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Analyze data & trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as required (purchase order confirmation, ship confirmation, AP and pricing information)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with planning systems.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, retail mathematics and inventory planning concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work within framework of departmental and company goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Team player, comfortable building effective cross functional relationships.
- Able to problem solve, think critically and apply findings in ways that drive company profitability
- Comfortable and poised in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station, onsite café & gym and covered parking. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE employer.