Vice President of Technology
Wine Enthusiast Companies, the leading, full-service provider of innovative products and services for the wine lifestyle, is seeking a seasoned and ambitious VP of Technology to take our omni-channel media and commerce business to the next level of technology.
A successful VP of Technology should be able to steer the ship of three distinct businesses, managing currents while being forward-thinking, forging a solid path for the company’s future. Experience with the organizational change management that comes with a technological transformation is also essential. We are seeking a hands-on, inspiring leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technology Implementation & Adoption
- Lead and manage the final steps of our transformation to the Net Suite platform including all operations of the Omni-channel ecommerce business front and back-end ensuring best practices for process improvement and future success.
- Apply rigorous project management skills to achieve milestones, resolve issues, track progress and engage internal and external team stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure effective training and readiness plans to optimize productivity, change management and adoption of new processes and technology.
Implement rollout strategy with back up plans to assure smooth transitions and mitigate business risks.
Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads such as marketing, production, operations and finance as an advisor and educator of technologies that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Strategy & Initiatives
- Establish the Company’s technical vision, strategic direction and roadmaps, leading all aspects of the company’s technological development and implementation recommending best in class solutions anticipating future needs.
- With a focus on maximizing technology ROI, identify new technology trends and consumer’s evolving behavior in media/content consumption, electronic and mobile commerce.
- Manage digital media assets while identifying and implementing new technologies to achieve competitive advantages.
- Design, implement and monitor plans to protect the Company IT infrastructure from potential disaster, including unexpected downtime.
- Develop technology risk and security policies to safeguard customer and company information.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify potential intrusions and issues.
Leadership, Organizational Capacity & Development
- Assess organizational capacity. Evaluates and develops effective and collaborative workflow processes to meet the needs and support the goals of the Company.
- Recruit and develop a highly productive, results oriented team with a passion for continuous improvement. Instills a culture of accountability for performance goals, adherence to deadlines and financial results.
Budgeting & Financial
- Direct the IT planning and budgeting process assuring alignment against overall company strategies and objectives.
- Ensure timely launches of IT initiatives within budget and on time.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluates alternatives, performs appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommends solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- 10+ years experience and deep technical knowledge of e-commerce and/or media businesses including B2B and B2C
- 5+ years experience with Net Suite platform ideally including ERP, SCA and DSI
- 5+ years front or back-end development experience including responsive web development, MYSQL, PHP, HTML/CSS
- Expertise in Change Management at medium-large organizations
Includes full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K, employee discount, optional weekly yoga class and optional wine tasting class participation.
The position is at our beautiful Valhalla, NY headquarters which has onsite covered parking, a cafeteria and a gym for employees.
Wine Enthusiast Companies is looking for Junior Merchant to join our team in Valhalla, NY. This is an entry level position and would be great for a recent college grad or someone with 1 to 2 years’ experience.
The right candidate should feel comfortable working within a team environment and has strong communication skills. Great opportunity for someone who wants to get immersed in merchandising/product development.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Merchants with the process of setting up our new products; item numbers/UPC codes, creating sell sheets, cross checking product specs with samples, etc.
- Sample management – creating a process in which working samples are identified, photographed, and inventoried while ensuring each piece’s location aligns with their schedule.
- Competitive landscape online/in store research projects.
- Managing vendor set up sheets and manuals.
- Manage a small category that has great potential to grow.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a recent college grad or have 1 to 2 years’ recent experience.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have a great ability to be a collaborative member of a team as well as being capable of self-directing.
- Utilize strong organization skills; able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be a skilled listener and an effective communicator; professional and clear when writing and/or speaking.
- Need to be a natural collaborator; able to work across different teams as well as directly with customers.
- Be a Creative thinker, problem solver, and active learner
We have a great work environment and great employees. We offer benefits, paid time off, an on-site café and gym, a round trip shuttle service to White Plains train Station, covered parking, all within a park like setting. If this position interests you and your skills meet the qualifications please forward a cover letter and resume. Please no phone calls or third parties. We will contact those candidates who best match the job responsibilities. We are proud to be an EOE.
Wine Enthusiast Companies is seeking an Inventory Planner who is focused on driving sales and profit for the company by optimizing inventory levels across our growing supply chain. Developing, monitoring and adjusting inventory levels as well as purchases are the primary responsibility of this role. The inventory planner will work closely with Merchandisers to develop a product/sales point of view which will inform inventory direction. Additionally, this person would be accountable for ensuring that life cycle analysis of inventory is managed and recommendations made for liquidations either through reduced price sale or write-off.
Inventory Management Responsibilities
- Forecast, set, monitor and adjust inventory levels by SKU.
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Insure accuracy of inventory and forecasting data
- Analyze data & trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities.
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin.
- Identify underperforming inventory and partner with merchandisers to drive liquidation strategies.
- Communicate with vendors as required (purchase order confirmation, ship confirmation, AP and pricing information)
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, experience with planning systems.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, retail mathematics and inventory planning concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize own work within framework of departmental and company goals.
- Strong communication skills
- Team player, comfortable building effective cross functional relationships.
- Able to problem solve, think critically and apply findings in ways that drive company profitability
- Comfortable and poised in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results, competitive.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.
This positon will work at our headquarters in Valhalla, NY. We offer benefits, paid time off as well as a shuttle service to the White Plains train station, onsite café & gym and covered parking. If this position interests you and your skills meet the requirements please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or third parties. Wine Enthusiast Companies is proud to be an EOE employer.