4 Easy Sangrias with Spanish Wine
White Wine Sangria
A crips white wine made from the Viura grape, a bottle of sparkling wine, a spicy Tempranillo and a summery Garnacha rosado. What do they have in common? They show the versatility and variety of wines you’ll find throughout Spain. As a bonus, they also happen to be the base for summer’s best wine cocktail: sangria. Here are four recipes full of fresh fruit and flavor to help you beat the heat and entertain a crowd.
To learn more about these recipes, check out our Facebook Live video!
- 1 bottle Viura (dry Spanish white wine)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup peach nectar
- ½ pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks and frozen
- 2 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher filled with ice. Stir well and serve. Serves 6.
- 1 bottle Spanish Cava
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, frozen
- 1 cup white seedless grapes, frozen
Fill pitcher with ice and combine Cava and grape juice. Garnish with frozen grapes. Serves 6.
- 1 bottle Tempranillo
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 3 ounces Spanish brandy
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cut into eight wedges
- 2 seedless oranges, cut into thin slices
Fill a pitcher with ice cubes and combine all liquids. Add fruit and stir well. Serves 6.
Ingredients for Sangria
- 1 bottle Garnacha Rosado
- ½ cup mint simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 ½ cups club soda
- 24 one inch seedless watermelon cubes, frozen
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 24 mint leaves
Directions for Sangria
Combine all ingredients in a glass pitcher filled with ice. Garnish with lime wedges and mint leaves. Serves 6.
Ingredients for Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 24 mint leaves, cut into ribbons
Directions for Mint Simple Syrup
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir continuously over medium heat until well combined. Let cool.
- 1White Wine Sangria
- 2Cava Sangria
- 3Tempranillo Sangria
- 4Garnacha Rosado Sangria
1 of 4
Topics: Cocktail Recipes