Ghouls and goblins may go bump in the night, but if done correctly, your own Halloween fête will take you from sundown to sunrise. Wine Enthusiast has gathered our most spirited sips, festive treats and tried-and-true entertaining tips to ensure your bash is monstrously fun.
For sophisticated, devilish black cocktails, check here, or mix-up our witch-, zombie- or monster-themed sips.
As every consummate host knows, the devil is in the details. The following tips will help you set the scene for your ghoulish affair.
- Mix up a big batch of pumpkin puree to use in a variety of seasonally inspired recipes.
- Set the scene with a smoking punch bowl.
- Plan your spook-tacular menu in advance with these recipes for gruesome, playful finger foods.
- Curate your festive playlist, or cue up Wine Enthusiast's own hand-picked tunes.
With a full night of mischief ahead of them, your cadre of ghosts and ghouls are bound to get hungry. Serve up some delicious, otherworldly bites with these menu tips.
- To really impress your guests, skip the cheesy plastic spiders and droopy jack-o-lanterns. Follow these tips for throwing a grown-up gathering, filled with snacks and festive wine pairings.
- For Pinterest-worthy party tips, check out these snack recipes that'll ensure your bash is a monster success.
- For substantial bites fit for a werewolf, try dishes like spooketti and clams. Black squid ink imparts a ghastly color to the noodles, but the dramatic presentation scores big points with its "wow" factor.
- These cheeky, frightfully-delicious bites are inspired by T.V. hit Walking Dead, and will help you avoid zombie-like guests.
No All Hallow's Eve gathering is complete without colorful potions and bubbling brews. No tricks here, but plenty of tipples and treats.
- Keep your crowd of thirsty ghouls happy with these big-batch punches.
- Put down that fistful of processed sugar-laden candy corn. Instead, opt for these adult-appropriate, top shelf cocktails.
- If you must indulge your sweet tooth, try out these chocolate-driven sips.
- For sophisticated, devilish black cocktails, check here, or mix-up our witch-, zombie- or monster-themed sips.
- 2Pre-Party Planning
- 3The (Vampire) Bites
- 4The Poisons and Potions