Courtesy Frasca Food & Wine, Boulder, Colorado
Radicchio adds a splash of color and a touch of contrasting bitterness to the Brussels sprouts. Glazed with butter and with the added zip of Sherry vinegar, it’s the perfect side dish to any roasted meat, poultry or richer seafood.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 heads radicchio, sliced into ¼-inch
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil in large sauté pan over high heat. Add Brussels sprouts cut-side down, and sear. Lower heat, toss with radicchio, and cook until wilted. Add Sherry vinegar, butter, salt and pepper. Toss frequently so butter glazes vegetables. Cook until tender. Serves 8.