- 10 heads of cauliflower
- 10-12 whole, peeled shallots
- 1 cup whole, peeled garlic gloves, plus 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Sauteéd shitake mushrooms, garnish
Divide cauliflower into 3 piles:
1) Small raw florets: Discard leaves, break into small florets (no stem)
2) Medium scraps for raw puree: Take what’s leftover from breaking into small florets, blend in a food processor until fine (rice consistency)
3) Cooked puree: remainder of scraps and additional larger florets.
In large pot (approx. 10 qt), add scraps and larger florets, shallots and whole garlic cloves.
Add to pot just enough water to cover, boil until soft.
Strain, reserving half the liquid
Using a large blender, blend all until smooth, along with some of the reserved liquid.
While blending, add 1 cup olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Sauté 1 tablespoon minced garlic until golden,
Add cauliflower florets for a moment then add raw puree, butter and lemon juice
Add cooked puree.
Garnish with Parsley oil, Garlic oil and top with sauteed shitake.