Up the ante with the Bloody Caesar, an even more savory version of the brunch classic.
- 1 750-ml bottle of aquavit (Linie or Krogstad work well)
- 1 liter freshly pressed tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 ounces celery juice
- 6 ounces cucumber juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 6 ounces lemon juice
- 8 ounces clam stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
Mix everything in a pitcher and refrigerate for 2 hours. Pour into long glasses over ice. Garnish with a long stick of celery and a steamed clam. Makes 20 servings.