- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) beef broth (may use low sodium if desired)
- 1 cup dry red wine (such as Côtes du Rhône)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Several sprigs of fresh parsley
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked pepper
Add all ingredients to the fondue pot, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes. When ready to use, bring to a boil, then transfer the fondue pot to the table, keeping the temperature at a high simmer/low boil. Add more broth and/or wine if needed.
Accompaniments: Small cubes of raw beef tenderloin; raw mushrooms; blanched pearl onions; blanched broccoli florets.