At Philadelphia’s Nodding Head Brewery & Restaurant, they bleed Eagles Green. So it’s not surprising that their Super Bowl party is already planned around the participation of Eagles fans. Their Super Bowl party wouldn’t be complete without beer discounts for those clad in team gear, giveaways of Donovan McNabb (he’s the Eagles quarterback) bobble-head dolls, and a buffet that always features Curt’s Famous Crab Dip. Backfin crabmeat adds saltiness to the dip; lump crabmeat gives it a good texture.
- 1 pound fresh backfin crabmeat
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump or lump crabmeat
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream, drained of excess liquid
- 12 ounces aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F.
Set aside the lump crabmeat and combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in the lump crabmeat and transfer the mixture to a shallow casserole dish. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread.