- 16 fresh sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 ounces prosciutto, very thinly sliced, divided into 16 portions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Set a large sauté pan over high heat until hot. Add the scallops and sear on both sides until cooked to taste, about 1 minute for medium-rare. Remove to a plate.
Using the same sauté pan, melt the butter and add maple syrup and ginger. Simmer until reduced by half. Meanwhile, wrap each scallop in a portion of the prosciutto; hold closed with a skewer.
When the glaze is reduced, dip each prosciutto-wrapped scallop in the glaze and then sprinkle with some of the mint.