Make the most of your grill while the weather is forgiving by giving these vegetarian-friendly zucchini and eggplant kebabs a try.
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fine black pepper
Soak 24 bamboo skewers overnight in water. Preheat grill to medium high. Assemble skewers using alternating zucchini, eggplant and red pepper. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 3 minutes per side, for a total of 12 minutes.
- 1½ cups Cotton Hill Creamery Drinkable Goat’s Milk Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, removed from stalk
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender (can use dried lavender, if needed)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh fine pepper
Place yogurt in large glass mixing bowl. Crush herbs with mortar and pestle to release oils. Add to yogurt, along with salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined. Let rest at least 1 hour to allow flavors to come together. Serves 12.