Courtesy Holly Booth, mixologist, High West Saloon & Distillery, Park City, UT
Running one of Park City’s most well-regarded bars, Booth takes pride in her seasonal punch. Booth says it employs the basic building blocks of any good punch—sour (lemon juice), sweet (maple syrup), strong (Bourbon and rum) and weak (Sherry). The resulting smell is reminiscent of spiced bread, thanks to the cinnamon, maple syrup and Bourbon.
- 1¼ cups Bourbon, like High West American Prairie
- 1¼ cups aged rum, like Ron Zacapa 23
- 2½ cups Lustau Don Nuño Oloroso Sherry
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice, plus 1 ounce
- 1¼ cups Grade-A maple syrup
- Fresh grated cinnamon, to taste
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
Pour all ingredients into a pitcher or punch bowl over ice, ideally 1-inch cubes or larger. Stir gently and serve. Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Serves 8–10.