Named after the Greek goddess of wisdom, Athena Nicole Grey uses her birth name for her Greek-style recipes like these.
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- ¹⁄³ cup Greek olives, pitted
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- 1 each roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 9 tablespoons Greek extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add orzo and boil until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and rinse the orzo briefly with cold water. Toss the pasta with all other ingredients except tomatoes and fresh herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the orzo salad cool for one hour, refrigerate until ready to pack for the tailgate. Before packing toss in tomatoes and fresh herbs. Serves 6–8.