Courtesy of Alice Gaber, mixologist at Firefly, Washington, DC
- 1 ½ oz. citrus vodka (Gaber uses Ketel One Citroen)
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. lavender and honey syrup (*see Note)
- Powdered sugar and lemon wedge, to rim glass
- Lavender flowers, as garnish (may use a lemon twist if they are not in season)
- *For the syrup:
- ¼ cup dried lavender petals (Order from www.myspicesage.com, or substitute with fresh in season, which will require a greater amount)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
Wet the outside rim of a chilled cocktail glass with a lemon wedge, and then coat the outside of the glass with powdered sugar. Combine first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass, and garnish with lavender flowers or a lemon twist.
Simmer all together for 20 minutes on low heat, stirring often. Strain out the lavender petals and cool. Store in a container with a tightly fitting lid in the refrigerator for up to several weeks.