Add some Asian flavor to your greens. The followign dressing is great for salads, Western or Japanese.
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso paste (shinshu-miso
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- generous 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Japanese or Chinese seasame oil
- scant 1/2 cup water
Combine all of the ingredients in the jar of a blender and process for 30 seconds. The dressing can be made up to 1 week in advance and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator. If the mixture has separated slightly, process briefly before using. Makes 1 1/4 cups.