- 1 cup white rice
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely diced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup Oblio sambuca liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and white pepper
Prepare rice according to package directions and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, shaking pan frequently, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
Pour in Oblio liqueur and stir, scraping up any bits from bottom of pan. Very carefully ignite liqueur, shaking pan gently until flames subside. Stir in heavy cream. Simmer until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened.
Add red, green and yellow peppers and tarragon. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over white rice.