This unusual yet easy take on an Italian classic makes one generously sized main course, or could serve two as an appetizer.
- 1/2 cup ground sweet sausage
- 1/2 cup ground spicy sausage
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3 sheets of lasagna pasta
- Meatball, for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a frying pan over high heat, sauté the sweet and spicy sausage.
Boil the lasagna noodles until just before they are al dente, then place them in ice water and set aside to dry on clean kitchen towels.
In a round, oven-safe baking plate, spread one quarter of the tomato sauce to prevent the pasta from sticking and then layer three lasagna sheets on top. On the lasagna noodles, layer the ricotta cheese, mozzarella, Parmigiano cheese, sausage and the remaining tomato sauce. Fold the ends of the lasagna sheets inward, sprinkle with Parmigiano and bake for 15 minutes. Garnish with a meatball, if you like, and serve.