Beyond Ordinary Wine with Seared Lamb Chops on a Mound of Truffle-Infused Polenta.
This flavorful polenta is cooked in a chicken stock, with a handful of sautéed wild mushrooms and a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese. Red Cherry, Honey and Merlot Reduction, made using the lamb juices as a stock, completes the luxurious bouquet of violets, boysenberry, black cherry and dark chocolate flavors of Beyond Ordinary.
Beyond Ordinary delivers rich sensorial texture, firm tannins and great persistence.
Available at Total Wine & More!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 minutes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup yellow polenta
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- A few drops of black truffle oil for extra flavor or just a good flavorful olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 handfuls of wild mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Bring 4 cups of chicken stock to a boil, stir in polenta and butter, reduce heat to simmer and cook about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add parmesan cheese and a few drops of truffle oil/olive oil, mix well and remove from the heat. Cover, set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil, add mushrooms and Saute on medium heat until the mushrooms develop a golden color. They should not be soggy. Season with salt.
- 4 Lamb chops (½ inch thick)
- 4 x sprigs thyme
- 4 x sprigs tender rosemary tips
- 2 x cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tsp toasted coriander seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- In a mortar and pestle, finely crush the rosemary, thyme, coriander seeds and garlic together
- Once mixed add the lemon zest, juice and olive and massage the chops well
- Leave to marinade for at least a couple of hours.
- When ready, simply sear in a pan with olive and butter or grill to your liking
- Deglaze with BEYOND ORDINARY to create sauce, see notes below.
* If cherries are not in season you can substitute this with honey roasted beets or frozen cherries
- 1 cup of BEYOND ORDINARY
- 2 cups of lamb stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 7 ounces of frozen pitted cherries
- 7 ounces whole cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Substitute the fresh cherries with 1.5 pounds of baby beetroots
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tabalespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Reduce the wine with the thyme, crushed garlic and finely minced shallots till there is just a couple of teaspoons of liquid left.
- Add the lamb stock and cook for till it's reduced to 1 cup and strain.
- Slice the pitted/defrosted pitted cherries in half and add to your strained sauce and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat. Sweeten with honey to your liking and season to taste.
- Roast the whole cherries in the oven with the butter at 180 degrees for 3 minutes
- If you replaced the cherries with beetroot, then boil the beets in their skin till tender, remove and cool till you can handle it without burning.
- The skins should come off easily by just pulling on them. Place the beets on a baking tray and add a the spices, honey, olive oil and seasoning.
- Roast till sticky and delicious!