Courtesy Derek Grout & Ashley Hartka, Harvest Spirits
Brightened with thyme, this combination of applejack and apple cider heralds in autumn.
- 3 cups Harvest Spirits Cornelius Applejack
- 1½ cups apple cider
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup thyme simple syrup (see recipe)
- 1½ teaspoons bitters
- 2 apples, sliced, for garnish
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, for garnish
Stir ingredients (except garnish) together in large pitcher or punch bowl. Add ice.
Pour or ladle over ice into highball glasses. Garnish each with apple slice and thyme sprig. Serves 12.
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
Combine sugar and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar begins to dissolve. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add thyme sprigs. Reduce heat to medium-low.
Simmer until sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat, and let cool completely. Discard thyme.