Courtesy Gabe Orta & Elad Zvi, The Broken Shaker, Miami
This punch recipe, adapted from Kat Odell’s soon-to-be released book, Day Drinking (Workman Publishing Co.), produces a mildly boozy, bubbly lemonade that employs rosé wine as a base and has a soft ginger undertone. It also uses Cocchi Americano, a bittersweet Italian apéritif wine made from a base of Moscato d’Asti wine fortified with brandy and flavored with bitter cinchona bark, citrus and spices.
- 4 cups ginger beer
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle (750-ml) rosé wine
- 1 bottle (750-ml) Cocchi Aperitivo Americano
- 10 dashes grapefruit bitters
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Assorted edible flowers, for garnish
Add all ingredients (except garnishes) to pitcher or punchbowl filled with ice. Stir together gently. Garnish with lemon wheels and edible flowers. Serves 4–6.