Courtesy Breckenridge Distillery, Breckenridge, CO
Welcome guests with the scent of Bourbon from the world’s highest-altitude distillery warmed with Port and baking spices. They’ll know that they’re in for something special.
- 1 bottle ruby Port
- 1½ cups Breckenridge Bourbon
- 8 ounces Breckenridge Bitter
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- Peel of 1 orange, plus more for garnish
- Dried orange slices, for garnish
Combine first 7 ingredients in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Warm over low heat for approximately 30 minutes. Add orange peel, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Strain into insulated pitcher. Garnish with orange slices and peel. Serves 8.