Recipe adapted from Luis Hernandez, head bartender, The Eddy, New York, NY
The original recipe contains The Eddy’s housemade walnut orgeat and “tiki salt” (salt mixed with citrus peels and bitters), but we’ve simplified the recipe a bit.
- ¾ ounce Avua Cachaça
- ¾ ounce Santa Teresa 1796 rum
- ½ ounce Ancho Reyes ancho chili liqueur
- ¾ ounce cold brew coffee
- ¾ ounce orgeat, such as BG Reynolds orgeat syrup
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Dale DeGroff pimento bitters
- 2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients except garnish with ice. Shake well and strain into a tiki mug over pebble ice. Use a blowtorch or long-handled lighter to briefly flame/toast the cinnamon sticks, extinguishing if they ignite.