These chicken wings crisp up in the oven, so you can focus on the game rather than the deep fryer.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, cut into wings and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons softened or melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons red yuzu kosho, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice, divided
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or yogurt
- Celery sticks (optional)
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil, and set wire rack on top. Pat wings dry with paper towels. In large bowl, toss wings with baking powder and salt. Place on rack, leaving a little space between each wing.
Bake for 30 minutes. Turn wings over. Increase heat to 450°F. Bake another 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss wings in “Buffalo” sauce (recipe below). Bake 10 minutes. Serve warm with dipping sauce and celery sticks, if desired. Serves 4-6.
Whisk together butter, honey, 2 tablespoons yuzu kosho and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Whisk together mayo or yogurt with 1 teaspoon yuzu kosho and 1 tablespoon lime juice.